Test Automation Engineer - U.S. Citizenship Required
Meet our professionals
U.S. - Work-life flexibility
CGI leads a team to support and modernize multiple cloud-based systems supporting multi-agency case management using Agile DevSecOps teams. We have built, maintained and enhanced multiple solutions over the years for our client, deploying to AWS. The client repeatedly calls upon our experienced teams to address the latest challenges using new technology.
To support our growth, we need a Test Automation Engineer that is willing to learn new technologies and support behavior-driven development (BDD). We need someone who knows how to use the latest tools and can take business requirements and decompose them into the required tests. This involves dissecting complex scenarios, working with other teams supporting other systems and collaborating closely with our own team to ensure that we continue to deliver high-quality software.
This position can be located remotely anywhere in the U.S.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Work closely with Business Analysts and subject matter experts to understand requirements and translate to software solutions.
• Create and update automated test scripts based upon developed agile stories using Selenium.
• Collaborate with Business Analysts and Developers to fully understand the full scope and impact of each story to the test scenario.
• Create ad-hoc tests using SoapUI and other tools to work through new scenarios.
• Work with other teams to coordinate integration testing across multiple (more than 3) teams.
• Design and execute performance tests that provide meaningful results to developers on areas of enhancement.
• Work with teams to effectively design, build and deliver cloud-based solutions.
• Participate in design meetings with other projects and the client’s technical specialists.
• Participate in daily stand-ups, backlog grooming, sprint demos and other Agile ceremonies.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
**Must have development experience**
• Due to the nature of the government contracts, this position requires US Citizenship.
• 5+ years of development experience in the IT field focusing on development projects using DevSecOps and AWS.
• 3+ years of automation framework development experience.
• Expert skills in test automation tools.
• Experience working in an Agile environment.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Strong communication skills.
• Experience with Selenium, Serenity, TestCafe or Cucumber.
• Knowledge of RESTful API-based applications.
• Experience with JSON.
• Experience in Manual Test Script Development and Execution.
CGI is required by law in some jurisdictions to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. The determination of this range includes various factors not limited to skill set, level, experience, relevant training, and licensure and certifications. To support the ability to reward for merit-based performance, CGI typically does not hire individuals at or near the top of the range for their role. Compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range for this role in the U.S is $74,600 - $143,700.
What you can expect from us:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees “members” because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, height, weight, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com. You will need to reference the Position ID of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a Position ID will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.