CGI Federal is seeking a senior level Accountant to assist the General Ledger Director in normal monthly accounting activities, as well as closing the month, quarter, and year. This role will be involved in process improvement and complex accounting issues and can grow into more if desired. The perfect candidate will have a passion for learning and creating efficiencies in manual processes. This role will also serve as a mentor for junior level team members.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Prepare and/or review Journal Entries and Supporting Documentation
o Develop template for usage by all teams to ensure adequate support and similar approaches for like type entries.
o Research and recommend ways to use the ERP to create entries such as PTO transfers and true ups, intra-company transfers, multi-job allocations, etc.
• Create, reconcile, and/or approve assigned balance sheet accounts for multiple business units
o Research unreconciled balances and collaborate with internal teams to ensure proper clearing.
o Develop automation to improve accuracy and create efficiencies.
• Analyze accounting/financial data for anomalies
• Assist in technical accounting research related to unique and/or complex transactions
• Analysis related to the impact of provisioning facilities or assumption changes.
• Serve as point of contact for coding inquiries in internal approval workflows.
o Review purchase orders for accuracy in coding
• Provide requested data calls to multiple stakeholders to include tax, compliance, and corporate
o Including, but not limited to: GL Details, Journal Entry Support, Continuation Schedules, 941 Reconciliation, etc.
• Assist in preparation of audit schedules and other required audit support
• Support ongoing internal process improvement initiatives to drive related efficiencies within the team
• Maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately in accordance with company policy
• Ad hoc projects and requests, as needed
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
Bachelor’s degree plus 3-5 years of directly related experience or equivalent experience in lieu of education. In addition:
• Experience in Government Contracting industry with understanding of FAR and CAS
• Expertise with Deltek Costpoint.
• Ability to thrive in dynamic and changing environment
• Effective communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to prioritize responsibilities, assume ownership, and drive projects to completion
• Ability to work well in teams
• Highly Organized
CGI is required by law in some jurisdictions to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. The determination of this range includes various factors not limited to: skill set level; experience and training; and licensure and certifications. CGI typically does not hire individuals at or near the top of the range for their role. Compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range is $59,000-$113,500.
- Deltek Costpoint
- Finance & Accounting
- MS SQL Server