E Discovery Specialist (Remote)
Meet our professionals
U.S. - CGI Federal roles - What we do matters
CGI is in the top 5 largest global IT companies spread across 40 countries with endless opportunities to expand and grow. As a CGI Member, you have the opportunity to be a shareholder at CGI and join a family of 75,000 members strong.
We’re a close-knit team that has access to global resources. You’ll have the opportunity to explore a wide range of industries, technologies, and geographies, all while enjoying the personal touch that our local operating approach offers. Growth at CGI is driven by your goals, so if you were looking for an inclusive place where you’re empowered to chart your own path, then we’d love to meet you.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Respond to incidents.
• Perform Initial Examination, establish and maintain chain of custody.
• Conducting data forensic analysis and investigations
• Produce forensic images of data sources.
• Complete incident reports
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a cyber forensics role.
• Knowledge of reverse engineering concepts.
• Knowledge of evidence collection techniques and tools.
• Knowledge of forensic hardware and software tools.
• Skill in developing, testing, and implementing network infrastructure contingency and recovery plans.
• Skill in performing packet-level analysis using appropriate tools (e.g., Wireshark, tcpdump).
• Skill in preserving evidence integrity according to standard operating procedures or national standards.
• Skill in analyzing memory dumps to extract information.
• Ability to decrypt digital data collections.
• Ability to conduct forensic analyses in and for both Windows and Unix/Linux environments. Conduct analysis of log files, evidence, and other information to determine best methods for identifying the perpetrator(s) of a network intrusion.
• Provide technical summary of findings in accordance with established reporting procedures.
Due to the nature of the government contracts this position requires US Citizenship
This position can be located remotely anywhere in the U.S.
“CGI is required by law in some jurisdictions to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. The determination of this range includes various factors not limited to skill set, level, experience, relevant training, and licensure and certifications. To support the ability to reward for merit-based performance, CGI typically does not hire individuals at or near the top of the range for their role. Compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range for this role in the U.S. is $118000 - $190100.”
CGI Federal anticipates accepting applications for this position through 2/12/2024.
At CGI we call our professionals “members” to reinforce that all who join our team are, as owners, empowered to participate in the challenges and rewards that come from building a world-class company. CGI’s benefits include:
• Competitive compensation
• Comprehensive insurance options
• Matching contributions through the 401(k) plan and the share purchase plan
• Paid time off for vacation, holidays, and sick time
• Paid parental leave
• Learning opportunities and tuition assistance
Member assistance and wellness programs
- Operational Security
- IT Security