Software Developer - SME
CGI is seeking an enthusiastic, creative, SME-level SW developer to join a high-performing Agile team in designing and building modern, services-based web applications for a large government agency. Our team is using a modern development stack and various open-source technologies. You will have the opportunity to help modernize the cloud-based system. Grow your leadership and technical skills with in-demand technologies in a fast-paced environment as part of an exciting, positive team that moves quickly and delivers quality software alongside a passionate customer.
The preferred location for this position is Nationwide.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• As a SME-level full stack developer, you will collaborate with the team in an Agile setting to research best practices, design and develop the application architecture, implement solutions, mentor fellow team members, and test and deploy solutions.
• As a member working in a team environment, you will take direction from solution architects and leads on development activities, while mentoring junior-level team members.
• This team's focus is delivering high-quality web applications in accordance with enterprise development practices.
• The candidate will be able to confidently code and organize the application using best practices, while helping to share their knowledge with the larger team and grow their team’s skills and understanding of robust Java applications.
• The candidate will be responsible for participating in all phases of an Agile software development lifecycle, including application design/requirements gathering, estimating development activities, authoring application code, participating in code reviews, and testing the software.
• Participate in daily team discussions and code collaboration to promote continuous progress.
• Participate in client, industry, and end user discussions to help provide technical viewpoint on the application
• Enable continuous improvement of existing development tools and technologies.
• Author automated test scripts for the application.
• Augment and improve system architecture.
• Gain a general understanding of database design and optimizing application access to backend data
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
Required Qualifications to be Successful in This Role:
• Minimum of 10 years’ hands-on experience with core Java (frontend and backend) development, J2EE skills, and well versed in design patterns and related frameworks
• Experience in Spring-Boot and Microservices
• Experience in Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) methodologies
• Experience in Test Driven Development (TDD) and Paired Programming
• Experience in API development and application security best practices (OAuth, TLS, PKI etc.)
• Experience working with Apache Kafka messaging software and PostgreSQL RDBMS
• Demonstrate a culture of continuous process improvements by applying lessons learned from recent projects to future projects
• Proactive, detail-oriented, and self-motivated professional who can hit the ground running
• Demonstrated technical leadership skills with a passion to explore emerging technologies
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, ability to innovate and a can-do attitude
• Quick learner with the ability to multi-task, work under pressure, manage tight deadlines, adapt to changing requirements and deal with ambiguity without impacting delivery
• Detail-oriented individual with exceptional written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to build trusted relationships and partner across a complex organization
• Willingness to ask questions, challenge the status-quo and seek out answers
Experience with multiple agile approaches: SAFe, Kanban, Scrum, XP, etc.
Experience with widely utilized agile techniques: BDD, Continuous Integration, Pairing, Big Room Planning, etc.
This position is remote and can sit anywhere within the U.S.
Due to the nature of the government contracts this position requires US eligibility.
CGI is required by law in some jurisdictions to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. The determination of this range includes various factors not limited to: skill set level, experience and training, and licensure and certifications. CGI typically does not hire individuals at or near the top of the range for their role. Compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range is between $155,600 - $164040.
CGI Federal anticipates accepting applications for this position through 4/24/2024.
- Cloud Native Development
- Continuous Integration