Senior Product Owner
CGI is seeking an enthusiastic Senior Product Owner to join a high-performing Agile team in designing and building modern, services-based web applications for a large government agency. The team is looking for a Product Owner with 7-10 years of experience in the IT industry within various roles.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Demonstrate in-depth understanding of Agile processes, manage and execute backlog refining sessions for sprint teams, and provide recommendations based on metrics evaluated.
• Work with the Product Manager to understand the vision and priority.
• Take responsibility for backlog grooming including prioritization. Ensure prioritization of features/capabilities with the customer to ensure higher priority items are identified and implemented first.
• Develop and maintain relationships with internal/external customers.
• Provide leadership to ensure the scrum team attains the most value from a self-organized team.
• Take responsibility for impediments including resolving impediments, providing guidance for removing impediments, and escalating impediments to ensure quick resolution.
• Facilitation of technical discussions, decision making, impediment resolution and conflict resolution.
• Ensure transparency from Product Owner to scrum team by facilitating internal and external communication.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills are a must.
• Agile/Scrum experience
• Past experience as a Product Owner
• Facilitation skills: Ability to facilitate meetings and requirements definition and be a liaison between the agile team and the train, developers and other stakeholders
• Analytical skills: Detail oriented with ability to critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a more general understanding, distinguish presented user requests from the underlying true needs, and distinguish solution ideas from requirements.
• Organizational skills: Ability to work with the information gathered during requirements analysis and to exercise flexibility with changing business priorities
• Interpersonal skills: Must be able to help negotiate priorities and to resolve conflicts among representatives from various business and development teams
• Team skills: Works well with others, delivers positive energy to their team
• Time Management skills: Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment and consistently meet deadlines and work independently with minimal supervision
OPTIONAL: Desired qualifications/non-essential skills required
Experience with multiple agile approaches: SAFe, Kanban, Scrum, XP, etc.
Experience with widely utilized agile techniques: BDD, Continuous Integration, Pairing, Big Room Planning, etc.
This position is remote and can sit anywhere within the U.S.
Due to the nature of the government contracts this position requires US eligibility.
CGI is required by law in some jurisdictions to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. The determination of this range includes various factors not limited to: skill set level, experience and training, and licensure and certifications. CGI typically does not hire individuals at or near the top of the range for their role. Compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range is between $75,000 - $115,636.
CGI Federal anticipates accepting applications for this position through 4/23/2024.
- Agile Requirements Engineering
- Product Owner