Meet our professionals
U.S. - The best version of me
CGI Federal is seeking Business Analysts to support a component of the Department of Health and Human Services. This component is a single, integrated dual-entry accounting system that standardizes and centralizes federal financial accounting functions for all of CMS’s programs.
• This is a full-time opportunity to become a member of a stable, growing organization with $8.5 billion+ in annual revenue
• CGI features over 73,000+ members in 40 countries and provides its global services to 5000+ clients
• CGI offers a competitive compensation package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401k, paid vacation, and much more – and all CGI benefits begin on your first day of employment!
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Identify and validate clients’ business needs and requirements
• Attend requirements gathering meetings with the client to identify business needs, functional and system requirements
• Analyze and develop mockups based on business understanding. Prototype user interface designs using Visio, Excel and/or other design tools
• Produce detailed requirements documents, including a Business Requirements Document (BRD) that contains user stories and requirements statements, as well as other deliverables using project templates
• Collaborate with the development and testing team to ensure implementation of the needed business, functional and system requirements
• Provide regular and open communication across the program and stakeholders for transparency and awareness of progress and impediments.
• Understand, visualize and manage upstream/downstream dependencies.
• Drive delivery and continuous improvement by utilizing feedback and metrics (quality, delivery rate, etc.) to identify areas of opportunity.
• Work across stakeholders and teams to continuously improve.
• Manage program level coordination, such as creating timelines, milestones, and cadence of increments and releases and oversee the development of reports and analyses that document program activity.
• Participate with management and cross-functional teams as subject matter expert to develop and improve operating policies and procedures related to user workflows and be an advocate for user community.
• Produce concise, accurate requirements documentation, user stories, acceptance test criteria
• Constantly refine and stay current with emerging themes in larger Medicare policy and provider community.
• Develop / modify processes, policies, and procedures to facilitate the working relationship between CGI and its clients.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• 3-5 years progressive work-related experience with demonstrated proficiency in multiple disciplines / technologies / processes related to the position as well as 3-5 years working in an Agile environment on complex projects.
• Strong experience with the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) ideal
• Strong analytical skills and innovative thinking
• Demonstrated experience working on large integration systems and executing large-scale projects from conception through implementation. Experience coordinating multiple teams in a technology environment.
• Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills for the purpose of providing and explaining technical and project related information to clients, vendors, senior management and staff.
• Proven ability to balance concurrent activities.
• Strong knowledge and experience in software development in an Agile environment.
CGI is required by law in some jurisdictions to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. The determination of this range includes various factors not limited to: skill set level; experience and training; and licensure and certifications. CGI typically does not hire individuals at or near the top of the range for their role. Compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range is $74,600 - $130,600.
CGI Federal anticipates accepting applications for this position through 2/24/2024.
- Business Analysis
- Requirements Analysis
- Use Cases
- Use cases