Sr Technical Business Analyst (West Coast)
Meet our professionals
U.S. - The best version of me
CGI Federal is seeking a Senior Business and Technology Expert to support a component of the Department of Health and Human Services. This component provides funding assistance to families who need childcare assistance.
This Expert will help support the grantees to develop and implement IT transformation roadmaps and consult with the grantees on IT strategic planning, technology analysis, data governance and management, training requirements, procurement practices, and other areas of IT with a heavy emphasis on understanding the childcare business.
• This is a full-time opportunity to become a member of a stable, growing organization with $8.5 billion+ in annual revenue
• CGI features over 73,000+ members in 40 countries and provides its global services to 5000+ clients
• CGI offers a competitive compensation package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401k, paid vacation, and much more – and all CGI benefits begin on your first day of employment!
***This position location is any state on the West Coast. The ideal candidate will be supporting the West Coast Region***
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Researching, analyzing, and synthesizing information to inform technology surveys and developing a focused maturity model to benchmark the state of technology and measure improvements over time
• Evaluating business processes, anticipating requirements, uncovering areas for improvement, and developing and implementing solutions
• Leading ongoing reviews of business processes and developing optimization strategies
• Staying up-to-date on the latest process and IT advancements to automate and modernize systems
• Conducting meetings and presentations to share ideas and findings
• Performing requirements analysis and developing surveys
• Effectively communicating your insights and plans to cross-functional team members and management
• Gathering critical information from meetings with various stakeholders and producing useful reports
• Ensuring solutions meet business needs and requirements
• Prioritizing initiatives based on business needs and requirements
• Serving as a liaison between numerous partners and users
• Building a trust relationship with representatives at the state, territory, and tribal levels
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• BA/BS degree and 8+ years of experience
• Strong analytical and strategic thinking skills
• Strong team player
• Advanced documentation skills for creating BRDs, FSDs
• Proven ability to create business use cases, test cases, and flow diagrams
• Excellent communication skills
• Knowledge of writing up SQL queries
• Ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance
Desired qualifications for this role
• Experience working with childcare services
CGI is required by law in some jurisdictions to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. The determination of this range includes various factors not limited to: skill set level; experience and training; and licensure and certifications. CGI typically does not hire individuals at or near the top of the range for their role. Compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range is $108,600 - 190,100.
CGI Federal anticipates accepting applications for this position through 4/24/2024.
- Business Analysis
- Business Architecture
- Business Process Analysis
- Business Process Consulting
- Data Analysis
- Human & Social Services (Fed)
- Requirements Analysis
- Solution Analysis
- Use Cases
- Use cases
- Data Quality Management
- Functional Architecture
What you can expect from us:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees “members” because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, height, weight, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com. You will need to reference the Position ID of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a Position ID will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.