Demand Planner I
Clayton Homes, a Berkshire Hathaway company and the nation's leading housing provider, is a vertically integrated housing company that builds, sells, and insures affordable housing. Our commitment to creating a World Class Customer Experience is unparalleled in the housing industry and we believe it begins with a World Class Team Member Experience. From entry-level to more experienced positions, we're actively recruiting individuals who are passionate, positive, and eager to learn. We then equip you for success, whether you're in the office, in the field, or on the floor. As a member of our team you'll enjoy excellent benefits, opportunities for growth, and an encouraging culture that supports work / life balance.
Position Summary: The Demand Planner is responsible for the development and maintenance of the monthly demand forecast for assigned categories of products. This team member understands the application of statistical forecasting techniques, evaluation of external demand drivers, and collaborative planning processes to build the best forecast possible for operational planning. In this role, the team member will be a key driver for long-range strategic planning via the Sales & Operation Planning (S&OP) process.
Duties / Responsibilities:
- Manage the 0-18 month forecast horizon for all assigned products that generates the monthly Demand Plan at the SKU-location level of detail. Collaborate with Sales, Product, Marketing, Operations, and other relevant teams to gather input and incorporate into forecast.
- Identify, develop, and implement KPIs relevant to Demand Planning. Reduce forecast error and bias over time by continuously improving forecast management process.
- Guide cross-functional teams to understand the current Demand Plan. Communicate key assumptions, changes to the forecast, and risks to forecast to relevant parties in a concise and timely manner
- Lead the monthly Demand Consensus meeting. Support the identification and mitigation of issues, reconciliation of plans, and organizational alignment.
- Other duties as assigned by management. Reports to the Manager of Demand Planning.
- 0-2 years relatable experience including functional knowledge Supply Chain.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact with a diverse group of team members, including managers, technology professionals, and subject matter experts
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain, Business, or equivalent work experience
- Self-starter that can work effectively within time constraints and changing priorities
- Ability to clearly articulate detailed steps of a process
- Self-starter that can work effectively within time constraints and changing priorities.
- Detail-oriented with excellent organizational skills.
- Proficient in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to consistently operate a computer and other office productivity machinery such as telephone, calculator, copy machine, computer printer, etc.
- Must be able to communicate with others via phone, email, and in person. Must be able to exchange accurate information with others.
- Constantly works in an indoor, temperature-controlled, sealed-window office environment.
- Work primarily involves sitting / standing.
Business Unit - B00018Clayton Manufacturing