Title: Loan Processor (Non – LO – Processor)
Job Status: Full Time/Hourly
Reports to: Loan Processing Team Leader Department: Loan Operations
Amount of Travel Required: None
Campus Workstyle: Office Optimal
Vanderbilt Mortgage and Finance, Inc. was established in 1974 and currently services over 150,000 loans. Our strength as an organization is rooted in the quality of our people and products. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. Furthermore, we're financially strong, with a reputation for leading the industry with unsurpassed products, a broad range of services and a coast-to-coast presence. We're professionally strong, from entry level to more experienced positions, we're actively recruiting individuals who are passionate, positive, and eager to learn. As a member of our team, we will equip you for success, you'll enjoy excellent benefits, opportunities for growth, and an encouraging culture that supports work/life balance.
The Loan Processor position exists to collect, evaluate, and prioritize the necessary elements to approve and build a loan using Federal and State regulatory guidelines. This role does not negotiate or advise credit terms.
- Manages the loan pipeline to ensure loans fall within Federal and State regulatory guidelines along with company policies and procedures and promotes and protects the company reputation while avoiding costly fines.
- Minimizes points of contact for customer, often communicating on behalf of various internal groups, including but not limited to Loan Specialists (LO) and Land Examiners, while accurately documenting all conversations and activities.
- Provides detailed expectations to and between buying customers and Home Center team members using various methods of communication.
- Determines proper documentation required based on income/employment types and loan types to verify income, employment, and other financial stipulations to ensure the customer’s ability to repay the loan.
- Calculates income using information verified borrower criteria and re-calculates debt ratios on behalf of the Loan Specialists (LO).
- Gathers, monitors for accuracy, and sorts documents collected by Home Centers, 3rd parties, and customers including but not limited to customer identification, property owner’s agreements, park address and contact information, home invoices, trade home titles, proof of property ownership, real estate purchase agreements, bi-weekly mortgage requirements, job gap letters, site rent, living expenses, landlord references, used home repairs, etc.
- Orders and verifies items such as flood certification, title commitments, appraisals, surveys, closing invoices, and e-signatures using VMF system or 3rd party vendors.
- Meets and regularly maintains department telephone availability and standards to include but not limited to call quality, accuracy, loan turn time, and Raving Fans Index (RFI).
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent required, college a plus.
- Remote work available with the ability to train and work from home.
- Computer competency with Microsoft Office and typing skills at minimum 40 wpm.
- Ability to conduct research and make knowledgeable decisions regarding issues related to mortgage loan processing.
- Great attention to detail, organizational skills, and ability to perform under pressure while maintaining accuracy.
- Positive, resilient attitude while remaining flexible to change.
- Self-motivated and dependable.
- Ability to work in a solution oriented, team environment.
- Must have excellent communication skills, especially verbal and phone etiquette.
- Willing to learn, hard-working, determined, and assertive.
- Effective at multitasking and quickly adjusting prioritization of loan files.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 75% of the time.
- Constantly operate a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a telephone, calculator, copy machine, and computer printer.
- 90% of communication completed via telephone; effectively talk and type at the same time.
- Ability to identify and assess account status and determine appropriate process.
- Constantly works in an indoor temperature controlled, sealed window office environment.
- Unique Work from Anywhere Time Bank! To provide flexibility to our full-time in office roles, team members are allotted 18 Work from Anywhere days in their first year. This time bank increases with tenure, ask us for more details!
- Medical and Dental Plan with Prescription Coverage and Vision
- Competitive benefits including 401(K) includes 100% company match of the first 4%
- Paid time off days (PTO), maternity/paternity leave, and holidays
- Community involvement including Volunteer Paid Time Off (VTO)
- Tuition Assistance for your first degree
- Enjoy coming “home” to our brand new, state-of-the-art Home Office equipped with onsite fitness facility with full gym, workout classes, volleyball and basketball courts, ping-pong, disc golf course, and onsite restaurant
- Wellness programs that focus on emotional, social, spiritual, intellectual, environmental, physical, and financial well-being
- Collaborative and energetic work environment
- Professional development and promotion opportunities
- Competitive bonus programs
Business Unit -