Insurance Sales Agent
Title: Insurance Sales Agent
Job Status: Full Time/Hourly
Reports to: Sales Team Leader
Campus Workstyle: Remote Optimal
Amount of Travel Required: None
The Insurance Sales Agents position exists to make daily outbound sales calls, answer inbound sales calls/referrals, respond to web leads, and to offer insurance quotes to prospective new customers through the many top carriers we represent.
- Performs outbound call prospecting, contacting potential customers, identifying needs, assuring qualification, and closing sales.
- Answers calls, prepare and underwrite quotes generated from incoming sales calls.
- Maintains follow up bucket to continue to drive the sales process and closeout completed sales.
- Underwrites policies with a fair and objective process that protects the company and provides correct and adequate coverage for our customers.
- Gathers and maintains records, files, and additional underwriting exhibits such as pictures and appraisals.
- Prepares and email quotes from potential customers requesting quotes via HomeFirst Agency website.
- Helps prepare and maintain marketing materials for various sales and mailing campaigns.
- Communicates with Vanderbilt and other outside lenders to facilitate processes after the sale.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED required. Some college or insurance training would be helpful.
- Must have or be able to obtain TN Property & Casualty Insurance License within 90 days. Life licensing is a plus. This includes attending required time at Insurance School and passing the state exam. Continued education is also required.
- Must possess the ability to clearly communicate with customers, peers, and superiors alike, explaining complex concepts and addressing numerous concerns from potential clients.
- An Agent must be able to manage many tasks simultaneously, be an expert time manager, self-sufficient and able to work with minimal to no supervision.
- Outbound sales, cold-calling and telephone prospecting skills are bolstered by clear speaking ability, creative conversation, empathetic and active listening skills, and deductive/investigative reasoning abilities.
- An Agent is expected to complete underwriting on policies that are going to be issued. This requires insightful thinking and deductive reasoning abilities.
- Flexible and adaptive to change. An Agent must be able to anticipate potential problems and develop solutions rapidly.
- Possess organization and follow-up skills.
- AS400, Excel, Word, and Link experience a plus.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 75% of the time.
- Constantly operate a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a telephone, calculator, copy machine, and computer printer.
- Ability to talk and type at the same time.
- 90% communication methods completed over the phone. Must be able to exchange accurate information at all times.
- Ability to identify and assess account status and determine appropriate process.
- Constantly works in an indoor temperature controlled, sealed window office environment, or flexibility to work from home.
- Work-life balance
- Community philanthropy
- Collaborative and energetic work environment- teamwork
- Professional development and promotion opportunities- culture of mentoring
- Medical and Dental Plan with Prescription Coverage and Vision
- Paid time off days (PTO) and holidays
- 401(K) includes 100% company match of the first 4%
- Wellness Programs and On-site workout facility
- Tuition Assistance
- On-site restaurant
- Generous BONUSES!!
Business Unit -Homefirst Agency