Manufactured Home Transport Driver
HouseSmart Construction – CDL Driver II
HouseSmart’s CDL Driver II will be pulling Clayton’s manufactured homes while also helping coach, train, and work hands-on with the existing Transportation and Site Preparation teams. The CDL Driver II position requires an experienced CDL driver that can also help mentor and train other members of a growing Transportation team. The team will look to this team member for their knowledge and experience with pulling a manufactured home.
What You’ll Be Doing:
· Lead teams by example by jumping in and helping with any piece of the transportation or site preparation for the home such as tree trimming, working to gameplan best ways to move the house to set, and other hands-on tasks outside of the toter.
· Partner with the Transportation team consistently to help ensure the safe and efficient delivery of customers' dream homes.
· Assist with scheduling of various home transports, as needed, helping ensure each Transportation team member is equipped with the appropriate personnel per job.
· Become a master on all jobsite equipment operations including the house tug, jadde, platypus, etc.
· Always looking ahead, anticipating needs of the team and project, and problem solving for the best solutions possible alongside the Transportation Supervisor or Hub leadership.
· Making a family’s dream come true and delivering their home!
When You’ll Be Doing It:
· Full-time, Monday through Friday – Say goodbye to weeks on the road!
What Could Make You a Great Fit:
· You have 3+ years’ experience driving with a CDL – huge plus if you have any experience pulling a manufactured home.
· Minimal to no driving infractions, especially as it relates to DOT inspections, speeding, handheld device usage, etc.
· Experience with scheduling a plus.
· Ability to move and lift up to 50 lbs. safely.
· You have a positive, coaching attitude.
· Experience operating various machines and the ability to quickly learn new machines like our specialty equipment listed above a plus.
Why HouseSmart Construction?
If you’ve never heard of HouseSmart Construction, it’s because we’re a new division within Clayton Homes. Clayton Homes is the #1 nationwide manufactured home builder in the nation. Because we are a Clayton division, that means we are leveraging the great benefits of a 20,000+ team member, Berkshire company. Some of those benefits include…
· Hands-on training with unlimited growth opportunities, we offer a 401K with aggressive company match, medical, dental and vision benefits, paid holidays, paid vacation days and much more!
· Exciting opportunity to join a growing Berkshire Hathaway team!
Because we’re a new and evolving division within Clayton, HouseSmart Construction can also offer you…
· A fast growing, collaborative environment with tremendous advancement opportunities. With HouseSmart, you’re getting in on the ground floor!
· The ability to learn high quality technical skills while supporting and leading the team.
· The chance to take your career to the next level by not only driving but also learning and leading the charge on preparing a site for customers dream homes.
Join the HouseSmart family – apply today! Training opportunities provided!
Business Unit - B00009
Business Unit - B00017Housesmart