Intermediate Auditor Compliance
Title: Intermediate Auditor Compliance (Non-LO-No Consumer Contact)
Job Status: Full Time/Salary
Reports to: Compliance Audit Supervisor
Amount of Travel Required: As needed
Campus Workstyle: Campus Flex
Vanderbilt Mortgage and Finance, Inc. was established in 1974 and currently services over 150,000 loans. Our strength as an organization is rooted in the quality of our people and products. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. Furthermore, we're financially strong, with a reputation for leading the industry with unsurpassed products, a broad range of services and a coast-to-coast presence. And we're professionally strong, from entry level to more experienced positions, we're actively recruiting individuals who are passionate, positive, and eager to learn. As a member of our team, we will equip you for success, you'll enjoy excellent benefits, opportunities for growth and an encouraging culture that supports work/life balance.
The Intermediate Auditor Compliance position exists to complete and report on operational, process and compliance audits for various loans. May be assigned BSA/AML responsibilities.
- Communicates with managers and programmers regarding compliance issues.
- Recommends process improvements.
- Manages individual audit timelines and meets deadlines.
- Completes quarterly team member evaluations
- Performs pre-set audits as well as creates and performs new process audits.
- Completes peer reviews of audit reports and quarterly team member evaluations.
- Responsible for creating or overseeing new audit developments.
- Completes Special Projects as needed which may include developing and presenting departmental training opportunities.
- Travels 4-6 times a year on field audits.
- Maintains punctuality and attendance standards at all times.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- 4-year undergraduate degree required, preferably in Business Administration with an Accounting or Finance major.
- Requires 2-4 years’ experience in compliance and process auditing.
- Proficient in Excel and Word, including advanced formulas and features.
- Logically understand query definitions and analyze data effectively and efficiently.
- Manage multiple deadlines, complete tasks timely and follow up as needed.
- Must be professional, well organized, thorough, a critical thinker, committed, urgent, and a resourceful problem solver.
- Self-starter with ability to work under minimum supervision.
- Ability to effectively communicate and interact with internal and external customers via phone, email and fax.
- Ability to read, interpret, and apply regulatory requirements to audits.
- Flexible hours in work schedule necessary.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Auditing experience a plus.
- BSA/AML experience a plus.
- Compliance and audit certificates a plus (CIA, CFE, CMCP, etc.).
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 75% of the time.
- Constantly operate a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a telephone, calculator, copy machine, and computer printer.
- 75% communication methods completed over the phone. Must be able to exchange accurate information at all times.
- Ability to identify and assess account status and determine appropriate process.
- Constantly works in an indoor temperature controlled, sealed window office environment.
- Enjoy flexibility with this Campus Flex position! This hybrid work style offers 2-3 days of remote work and 2-3 days in the office
- Medical and Dental Plan with Prescription Coverage and Vision
- Competitive benefits including 401(K) includes 100% company match of the first 4%
- Paid time off days (PTO), maternity/paternity leave, and holidays
- Community involvement including Volunteer Paid Time Off (VTO)
- Tuition Assistance for your first degree
- Enjoy coming “home” to our brand new, state-of-the-art Home Office equipped with onsite fitness facility with full gym, workout classes, volleyball and basketball courts, ping-pong, disc golf course, and onsite restaurant
- Wellness programs that focus on emotional, social, spiritual, intellectual, environmental, physical, and financial well-being.
- Collaborative and energetic work environment
- Professional development and promotion opportunities
- Competitive bonus programs
Business Unit -Vanderbilt Mortgage