Quality Assurance Analyst II
The Quality Assurance Analyst II will collaborate with Scrum/project teams in all Agile ceremonies to understand, test and support program applications, key business functionalities and complex technologies across the business unit.
This role will be responsible for supporting the testing efforts for the team including activities such as contributing to end-to-end testing strategies, helping to build maintain and execute regression and smoke tests to ensure that all quality objectives are met and functioning to expected requirements.
Collaboration will be encouraged with the business and technology teams to understand the overall business functionality and basic application architecture. Comprehensive testing of the business logic and functional areas of the application under test will be the primary focus for this role.
The Quality Assurance Analyst II will have an opportunity to learn and modernize the Clayton Technology QA practice, which may involve off-the-shelf applications, custom applications and/or enterprise-level integrations, and/or existing legacy applications.
The ideal candidate thrives within a team atmosphere that is collaborative and promotes business impact. This role requires someone with a willingness to dig into complex as well as simple challenges with equal energy and excitement to provide the highest level of quality in every delivery.
About The Team
The Corporate Services technology team supports a variety of different business units. Our portfolio is made up of three distinct scrum teams: Financials & Compliance, Human Capital Management (HCM), and Enterprise Content
Management (ECM). In this role, you will be working with the Enterprise Content Management side of the house. The
Enterprise Content Management team works with business teams such as finance, insurance, the home building process and more.
- A solid understanding of Quality Assurance best practices and standards.
- Ability to speak at a high level on multiple testing types within the test pyramid (examples: UI, Service layer/integration, End to End, performance, load, functional, networking, security, UAT etc.)
- Proven ability to work independently and write, maintain and execute comprehensive test plans/strategies and test cases from a variety of requirement sources and documents.
- Creation, maintenance and execution of manual/exploratory test cases and test data as well as the ability to identify and execute automation for common test scenarios.
- Log and report all details of defects and issues found, reporting on steps to reproduce, configuration information and expected results vs outcome obtained, and work on helping to regress and test all fixed issues, and ensuring those issues have appropriate test coverage moving forward.
- Advocacy for quality in all phases of the software development lifecycle, including customer issues and resolution SLAs, often providing recommended solutions and improvements to ongoing process and delivery.
- Ability to provide value driven metrics and recommend specific measurable data that can be reported on to highlight areas of quality for continuous improvement and risk analysis.
- Collaborate with team members and stakeholders to understand the key business needs and requirements for supported applications.
- Experience with Content Management systems, such as Hyland OnBase desired
- Experience testing in AWS, specifically with lamba and EC2s
- Experience with automation tooling such as Tosca, Postman, etc.
- SQL (SQL Server/Postgres)
- Experience with domain-driven design, event driven architecture, microservices
- Experience with OCR solutions such as Kofax desired but not required
- Experience with IMB applications (iSeries AS400) desired but not required
- Experience working in a tracking system like Jira, TFS, Azure or a similar tool (Jira preferred)
- Experience work with a test management tool such as Tricentis qTest, Azure Dev/Ops, Zephyr, Test Rails, etc.
- Strong problem-solving skills and an analytical mindset
- Self-starter who can work effectively under minimal supervision and support within time constraints, and a fast- paced environment with regular changing priorities.
- Excellent interpersonal verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact with a diverse group of team members.
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in Quality Assurance (Automation Testing background is a plus)
Why Clayton Homes?
Founded in 1956, Clayton is a Berkshire Hathaway Company committed to opening doors to a better life and Building
Happyness® through homeownership. Through its family of brands, Clayton builds, sells, finances, and insures traditional site-built homes and off-site built housing – including modular homes, manufactured homes, CrossMod™ homes, tiny homes, college dormitories, military barracks, and apartments. Corporate headquarters is in the Knoxville, Tennessee area, specifically, Maryville, Tennessee. Clayton is the recipient of numerous industry awards including 2019 Builder of the Year and ranks as the #2 builder of homes in the U.S. by units sold. Our site-built division, Clayton Properties Group, is the 8th largest site builder in the U.S. We achieve our results through the strength of our people and have been recognized on the 2021 Forbes Best Employers for Diversity and 2021 Forbes America’s Best Employers Lists. To learn more about Clayton Homes, got to: https://www.claytonhomes.com
- Competitive benefits including 401(k) with 100% company match of the first 4%; medical, dental and vision plans; paid time off days and holidays.
- Quarterly bonus program.
- Forbes lists: America’s Best Employers, America’s Employers by State, Best Employers for Diversity, Best Employers for Women.
- Recognized as one of East Tennessee’s top technology workplaces.
- Wellness programs that focus on emotional, social, spiritual, intellectual, environmental, physical, and financial well-being.
- Onsite fitness facility with full gym, workout classes, volleyball and basketball, ping-pong, and disc golf course.
- Paid Time Off for Volunteer work.
Business Unit - B00023Technology