Senior Software Engineer (.NET)
Senior Software Engineer - VMF Originations
As a Software Engineer III, you will be part of an Agile Scrum team and directly contribute to the creation and maintenance of products that support our business operations. You will participate in Sprint activities, such as planning, grooming and daily standups to deliver on commitments, continuously improve process and drive positive change.
You will apply your skills in Software Development to help the team produce quality, on-time deliverables and apply root cause analysis to track down story bugs and production issues. Using an eye for quality and an attention to detail, you will help us build reliable and fault tolerant, extensible applications backed by unit testing and test automation. Additionally, you will work directly with Team Leads, Business Users, Product Owners, Functional Analysts and other Engineers to build new projects and support existing applications.
The ideal candidate will not be focused on individual components, functions, or classes, but will instead see the big picture design of how components interact through mechanisms such as REST. Working with Architects, Senior Team Members and Management, they will implement designs that build toward a strategic vision and guide Junior Team Members through task breakdown and implementation. A breadth of design patterns and development practices is necessary to build loosely coupled, extensible applications. They will be a partner to our business users and will understand the tradeoffs of different design choices as it impacts the schedule and be motivated by solving complex problems.
About The Team
You will join a friendly, ambitious team responsible for maintaining and enhancing our current Loan Origination System (LOS). This team’s work will include regulatory compliance changes, new loan promotions, and general enhancements to the system to support our business partners while they and our other teams embark on an ambitious project to stand up a new LOS. As the new LOS is rolled out, the BAU team’s workload will transition from supporting the current LOS to supporting the new LOS.
This position will require flexibility and a willingness to learn and understand the current system to support business needs, but also a desire and willingness to learn new languages and technologies as the team will eventually transition to supporting the new LOS.
• Excellent time management and ability to prioritize work with little direction
• Can break down stories into small, testable units focused on rapid delivery
• Mentor junior team members through peer reviews and provide guidance on story implementation
• Manage technical scope creep inside stories
• Emphasize working software over gold plated solutions
• Provide root cause analysis for defects and production issues
• Lead design efforts for new functionality, create team understanding that aligns strategic and architectural goals and create appropriate design documentation
• Strive to produce high quality, on time software by utilizing unit tests and partnering with QA to meet acceptance criteria
• Identify dependencies on other tech teams or support groups
• Adapt quickly to changing processes and technologies
• Participate in the full SDLC from requirements gathering to testing and delivery
• Weigh pros and cons of design choices and make suggestions to Management, Product Owners and Team Members
• 4+ years of Software Development experience
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, related field, or equivalent work experience
• Experience with project tracking software, such as Jira and Agile Methodology
• C# .Net - Framework and/or Core
• ColdFusion not required, but a plus (main language of current LOS system)
Why Clayton Homes?
Founded in 1956, Clayton is a Berkshire Hathaway Company committed to opening doors to a better life and Building Happyness® through homeownership. Through its family of brands, Clayton builds, sells, finances, and insures traditional site-built homes and off-site built housing – including modular homes, manufactured homes, CrossMod™ homes, tiny homes, college dormitories, military barracks, and apartments. Corporate headquarters is located in the Knoxville, Tennessee area, specifically, Maryville, Tennessee. Clayton is the recipient of numerous industry awards including 2019 Builder of the Year and ranks as the #2 builder of homes in the U.S. by units sold. Our site-built division, Clayton Properties Group, is the 8th largest site builder in the U.S. We achieve our results through the strength of our people and have been recognized on the 2021 Forbes Best Employers for Diversity and 2021 Forbes America’s Best Employers Lists. To learn more about Clayton Homes, got to: https://www.claytonhomes.com
• Competitive benefits including 401(k) with 100% company match of the first 4%; medical, dental and vision plans; paid time off days and holidays.
• Quarterly bonus program.
• Forbes lists: America’s Best Employers, America’s Employers by State, Best Employers for Diversity, Best Employers for Women.
• Recognized as one of East Tennessee’s top technology workplaces.
• Wellness programs that focus on emotional, social, spiritual, intellectual, environmental, physical, and financial well-being.
• Onsite fitness facility with full gym, workout classes, volleyball and basketball, ping-pong, and disc golf course.
• Paid Time Off for Volunteer work.
Business Unit - B00023Technology