Intermediate Tax Accountant
The Intermediate Tax Accountant within the Corporate Income Tax Department is exposed to the entire organization and relevant accounting cycles. This position is part of a team responsible for Federal and State Income Tax Returns in addition to all related tax correspondence. Assist with the preparation of the quarterly and annual tax provision and related tax accounting. This position will oversee and implement necessary procedure enhancements.
Duties / Responsibilities:
- Analyze multiple business units’ accounting data along with areas of opportunities for enhancements for all processes.
- Provide support for tax audits, account reconciliation, and other projects as needed.
- Gain an understanding of multiple tax software programs and complete assigned tax returns.
- Perform other basic accounting functions and heavy tax calculations along with extensive tax research.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required.
- 2-4 years’ related experience in Corporate Income Tax or related field.
- Great attention to detail, communication (both verbal and written), organizational and analytical skills.
- Demonstrate excellent time management skills and use current technology and tools to enhance the effectiveness and efficiency of service.
- Motivated self-starter and enjoys working in a team environment.
- Strong computer skills to utilize tax return preparation and research software.
- Self-directed with ability to work autonomously on projects.
- Client-oriented work ethic, delivering high quality results.
Business Unit - B00015Shared Services