Clayton Homes, a Berkshire Hathaway company and the nation's leading housing provider, is a vertically integrated housing company that builds, sells, and insures affordable housing. Our commitment to creating a World Class Customer Experience is unparalleled in the housing industry and we believe it begins with a World Class Team Member Experience. From entry-level to more experienced positions, we're actively recruiting individuals who are passionate, positive, and eager to learn. We then equip you for success, whether you're in the office, in the field, or on the floor. As a member of our team you'll enjoy excellent benefits, opportunities for growth, and an encouraging culture that supports work / life balance.
Position Summary: The Purchasing Specialist works with the ERP Implementation Team and will transition into working with the Procurement Team. The purpose of the position is to maintain purchasing data, reviewing supplies to ensure they meet company standards while providing monthly and annual purchasing reports to management for review. The Purchasing Specialist will perform other administrative duties as needed based on the needs of the team.
Duties / Responsibilities:
- Provides administrative and clerical support to the department.
- Types reports, purchase orders, memoranda, and other documents.
- Maintain purchasing data, and ensure all supplies meet company standards.
- Submit monthly purchasing reports to management for review.
- Establishes and maintains recordkeeping system for purchasing department.
- Create monthly and annual purchase reports for management review.
- Create a database of invoices, purchase orders, quote requests, vendor or supplier contracts, and updating it as needed.
- Analysis on supply chain and suppliers.
- Research vendors and collects prices, specifications, and other data related to goods and services.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Information Systems, Business, or related area required.
- 0-2 years relatable experience including functional knowledge Supply Chain.
- Self-starter that can work effectively within time constraints and changing priorities
- Ability to clearly articulate detailed steps of a process
- Detail-oriented with excellent organizational skills.
- Proficient in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to work independently once tasks are assigned.
- Oracle experience is a plus.
- Must be able to consistently operate a computer and other office productivity machinery such as telephone, calculator, copy machine, computer printer, etc.
- Must be able to communicate with others via phone, email, and in person. Must be able to exchange accurate information with others.
- Constantly works in an indoor, temperature-controlled, sealed-window office environment.
- Work primarily involves sitting / standing.
Travel Requirements: None
Business Unit - B00018Clayton Manufacturing