Retail Staff Accountant
Clayton Homes, a Berkshire Hathaway company and the nation’s leading housing provider, is a vertically integrated housing company that builds, sells, and insures affordable housing. The Retail Staff Accountant will assist in general ledger accounting functions and reconciliations required for the Retail Group. The Staff Accountant will provide support for presentation of financial materials and other projects and serve as primary accounting interface for home center locations as assigned.
- Extensive Excel knowledge and application
- Problem solving and organizational skills
- Must be a team player, self-motivated, flexible and detail oriented
- Ability to effectively communicate with and educate all levels of personnel and management
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
The Retail Staff Accountant should have preferred experience with Sequel Viewpoint, Cognos, Access, along with the knowledge of Global Financial Software and/or Oracle ERP. Again, these are preferred, but not required.
- Execute daily, monthly, quarterly, and annual general ledger procedures
- Perform month-end close
- GL Account Reconciliation
- Bank Reconciliations
- Interim Financial Statements
- Maintain fixed assets records
- Prepare journal entries as needed
- Year-end financial statements
- Reporting as needed
- P&L Analysis
- Full-time team members have the flexibility to create their own health, dental, and vision benefits package. Clayton provides competitive 401K programs, including investment options and company matching for full and part time employees after one year to help our team members achieve their financial goals. Additional benefits include paid parental leave, tuition reimbursement, Employee Assistance Programs, and more.
- As part of Clayton’s commitment to Opening Doors to a Better Life, Clayton is now providing paid time for Team Members to volunteer to causes that are meaningful to them through the Clayton Impact program.
- Clayton is proud to have earned spots on the following Forbes lists: America’s Best Employers, America’s Best Employers by State, Best Employers for Diversity, Best Employers for Women.
- At Clayton, we encourage holistic wellness with physical, nutritional, social, financial, spiritual and occupational programs available online or in-person for team members.
- Clayton’s Home Office campus offers an onsite restaurant, onsite fitness facility with full gym, in-person and virtual workout classes, yoga / barre studio, volleyball and basketball courts, walking paths, and a disc golf course.
Clayton is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Clayton is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
You will find much more information about Clayton Homes by visiting our website at:
Business Unit - B00009Clayton Retail