Project Manager II
Clayton Homes, a Berkshire Hathaway company and the nation's leading housing provider, is a vertically integrated housing company that builds, sells, and insures affordable housing. Our commitment to creating a World Class Customer Experience is unparalleled in the housing industry and we believe it begins with a World Class Team Member Experience. From entry-level to more experienced positions, we're actively recruiting individuals who are passionate, positive, and eager to learn. We then equip you for success, whether you're in the office, in the field, or on the floor. As a member of our team you'll enjoy excellent benefits, opportunities for growth, and an encouraging culture that supports work / life balance.
Position Summary: The Project Manager is responsible for overseeing the successful completion of projects as assigned by Clayton Home Building Group leadership. The Project Manager will organize and execute projects in their portfolio and ensure successful execution of these projects. This may include the formation of project teams, leadership and/or influence of these project teams, and day-to-day support for the work conducted by these teams in a typically matrixed environment. Success of projects will be evaluated based on agreed upon success criteria defined at the time each project is initiated.
Duties / Responsibilities:
- Partner with relevant stakeholders and decision-makers to define scope and necessary resources including personnel, materials, and technology.
- Align the stakeholders on project success criteria.
- Manage teams and delegate and assign tasks.
- Support the project approach, including operating cadences and work prioritization/assignment model, necessary to meet and exceed the documented success criteria.
- Track progress against project plans and communicate status as appropriate.
- Manage changes in project scope.
- Identify, surface, and determine path for resolving roadblocks.
- Partner with Accounting to monitor project costs.
- Ensure that that measurement systems are in place to evaluate project impact against defined success criteria.
- Other duties as assigned.
- College degree in a field related to Operations, Engineering, Process Engineering or Manufacturing discipline.
- 3 to 5 years of experience as a Project Manager or equivalent role.
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Experience using any commonly available project management software such as Microsoft Project.
- Confidence in preparing and delivering presentations to a wide variety of audiences.
- Confident self-starter and eagerness to learn.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Solid organizational skills including strong attention to detail.
- Solid Project Management skills.
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
- Strong multitasking and time management skills
- Ability to work independently and on a team.
- Ability to develop and present solution-based recommendations.
- Experience in Change Management is a plus.
- Must be able to consistently operate a computer and other office productivity machinery such as telephone, calculator, copy machine, computer printer, etc.
- Must be able to communicate with others via phone, email, and in person. Must be able to exchange accurate information with others.
- Constantly works in an indoor, temperature-controlled, sealed-window office environment.
- Work primarily involves sitting / standing.
Business Unit - B00018Clayton Manufacturing