Staff Accountant - Reconciliations
Title: Staff Accountant – Recs (Non – LO – No Consumer Contact)
Job Status: Full Time/Salary
Reports to: Accounting Supervisor – Recs
Amount of Travel Required: None
Campus Workstyle: Campus Flex
Salary Level: 10
Vanderbilt Mortgage and Finance, Inc. was established in 1974 and currently services over 150,000 loans. Our strength as an organization is rooted in the quality of our people and products. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. Furthermore, we're financially strong, with a reputation for leading the industry with unsurpassed products, a broad range of services and a coast-to-coast presence. We're professionally strong, from entry level to more experienced positions, we're actively recruiting individuals who are passionate, positive, and eager to learn. As a member of our team, we will equip you for success, you'll enjoy excellent benefits, opportunities for growth, and an encouraging culture that supports work/life balance.
The Staff Accountant – Recs position exists to complete bank reconciliations along with detailed account analysis. Individual will be involved with process improvements, various reconciliations, allocations, and accruals.
- Provides oversight from an accounting perspective for loan balances, journal entries, and the balance sheet on activity for the Silverton Mortgage division.
- Assists with all accounting related to the monthly, quarterly, and annual close process including financials, related financial analysis and reporting schedules.
- Conducts expense reporting, portfolio analysis, and account reconciliation.
- Tracks servicing/origination costs, portfolio and MBU reporting and analysis, and account reconciliation.
- Develops queries, manipulating data to necessary format, improving processes, as well as taking on special projects to meet the needs of senior management.
- Maintain various accounting projects while continuing regular duties.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Four-year degree majoring in Accounting.
- One to two years of experience preferred.
- Experience with Excel including experience with formulas and advanced features.
- Ability to logically understand query definitions and analyze data effectively and efficiently.
- Must be committed, detail-oriented, motivated, a self-starter, flexible, analytical, and resourceful.
- Must have great communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Quality minded.
- Willing to learn, hard-working, determined, and assertive.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 75% of the time.
- Constantly operate a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a telephone, calculator, copy machine, and computer printer.
- 75% communication methods completed over the phone. Must be able to exchange accurate information at all times.
- Ability to identify and assess account status and determine appropriate process.
- Constantly works in an indoor temperature controlled, sealed window office environment.
- Enjoy flexibility with this Campus Flex position! This hybrid work style offers 2-3 days of remote work and 2-3 days in the office
- Medical and Dental Plan with Prescription Coverage and Vision
- Competitive benefits including 401(K) includes 100% company match of the first 4%
- Paid time off days (PTO), maternity/paternity leave, and holidays
- Community involvement including Volunteer Paid Time Off (VTO)
- Tuition Assistance for your first degree
- Enjoy coming “home” to our brand new, state-of-the-art Home Office equipped with onsite fitness facility with full gym, workout classes, volleyball and basketball courts, ping-pong, disc golf course, and onsite restaurant
- Wellness programs that focus on emotional, social, spiritual, intellectual, environmental, physical, and financial well-being.
- Collaborative and energetic work environment
- Professional development and promotion opportunities
- Competitive bonus programs
Business Unit -Vanderbilt Mortgage