Director of Fleet Transportation Operations
Clayton Homes, a Berkshire Hathaway company and the nation's leading housing provider, is a vertically integrated housing company that builds, sells, and insures affordable housing. Our commitment to creating a World Class Customer Experience is unparalleled in the housing industry and we believe it begins with a World Class Team Member Experience. From entry-level to more experienced positions, we're actively recruiting individuals who are passionate, positive, and eager to learn. We then equip you for success, whether you're in the office, in the field, or on the floor. As a member of our team you'll enjoy excellent benefits, opportunities for growth, and an encouraging culture that supports work / life balance.
The Director of Fleet Transportation Operations will be responsible for the multi-site transportation operations of 200+ Class 8 Trucks for the OD/OS division. Will participate in strategic planning and collaborate with other managers and staff members in order to formulate and implement policies, procedures, goals, and objectives; Analyze expenditures and recommend capital improvements to increase efficiency and services; Provide training, coaching, corrective counseling; Direct activities related to capacity planning, dispatching, routing, and tracking all company vehicles across multiple facilities to ensure work is accomplished in a manner consistent with business and customer requirements; Ensure safety and compliance with all state and federal regulations and other relevant regulatory requirements.
- Operations / Logistics management in transportation and trucking (+7 years)
- P&L responsibility ($40mil+)
- Experience growing / scaling business
- Comprehensive knowledge of regulations impacting daily operations (i.e. national / state level DOT regulations)
- Experience in Domestic Over the Road OD/OS, T/L, Flat beds, etc.
- Experience in a private fleet environment
- Manufactured housing, construction, or modular building transport
- Prior experience with large scale technology roll outs (i.e. Lytx, Samsara, TMS)
- Project Management background, training, or certifications
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Logistics or MBA
OTHER ESSENTIAL ABILITIES AND SKILLS
- Bring order to chaos / thrive within a fast paced, deadline driven environment
- Collaborative approach to business
- Excellent communicator (written and verbal)
- Customer First mindset
- Servant Leadership; leading by example; encourage a collaborative environment
- Thorough Understanding of FMCSA Compliance
- Good knowledge of data analysis and risk assessment
- Excellent organizational and motivational skills
- Outstanding attention to detail and observation ability
- Ability in producing reports and developing relevant policies
- Exceptional problem-solving abilities
- Must have a positive attitude and ability to work in a team environment
- Must be able to travel up to ~50% of the time
- Proficient in Outlook/Word/Excel/PowerPoint
A Berkshire Hathaway Company - an integrity-based organization offering unlimited career growth opportunities.
Full-time team members have the flexibility to create their own health, dental, and vision benefits package. Clayton provides competitive 401K programs, including investment options and company matching for full and part time employees after one year to help our team members achieve their financial goals. Additional benefits include paid parental leave, tuition reimbursement, Employee Assistance Programs, and more.
As part of Clayton’s commitment to Opening Doors to a Better Life, Clayton is now providing paid time for Team Members to volunteer to causes that are meaningful to them through the Clayton Impact program.
Clayton is proud to have earned spots on the following Forbes lists: America’s Best Employers, America’s Best Employers by State, Best Employers for Diversity, Best Employers for Women.
At Clayton, we encourage holistic wellness with physical, nutritional, social, financial, spiritual and occupational programs available online or in-person for team members.
Clayton is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Clayton is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
Business Unit - B00007Clayton Connect