Sr. Oracle ERP Application Architect
Senior Application Architect - ERP
The primary responsibility for an Application Architect is to provide guidance and structure for the creation, enhancement, and sustenance of software applications and software application frameworks. Application Architects play a key role in defining the application architecture on projects, programs, and initiatives; resolve high-level functional issues; coach the software engineering team in the development of an application solution; guide the software engineering team in the implementation of COTS, SaaS or custom-developed products; and provide continuity in all major application solution decisions. Application Architects are technically driven individuals that can dive deep into technical areas of expertise (architecture patterns, implementation techniques, service definition, etc.) and are effective at reviewing and presenting alternatives.
About The Team
You will be a part of a growing Oracle Cloud implementation team that works cross functionally within technology and other business units in the company to implement the Oracle ERP Cloud Platform. This collaborative team designs, implements and support Oracle ERP Cloud for all business units across the organization. In this position, you will primarily be responsible for technical design and key decision direction and management across Oracle Financial (ERP & EPM) and Supply Chain modules.
- Provide leadership and coordination of architectural design and best practices for the implementation and integration of software solutions (custom development, SaaS, COTS) and frameworks.
- Lead functional and technical discussions and communicate effectively with a variety of audiences, moving between providing functional/technical design details and sharing how an application design would enhance business capabilities, stability, and supportability.
- Work effectively with business groups, technology groups, and subject matter experts in a collaborative manner, building constructive and effective relationships.
- Leverage the current Clayton technology portfolio, enterprise architectural standards, and established patterns to create solution designs that deliver the required business capabilities and map to desired features/capabilities on the roadmaps.
- Partner with the development team in the design and review of solution features, testing and deployment processes to ensure the solution meets the agreed upon business requirements and is supportable and scalable not only at an application layer but at an enterprise level.
- Leads design collaboration for solutions which will adequately address the application needs from a framework, component, and capability needs across the organization.
- Analyzes application requirements and ensures that systems will offer security and will be effectively integrated with current applications.
- Drive design of key technical components, frameworks, interfaces, and services that can be leveraged by software engineers, or software engineering teams, and provide leadership over product evaluations, proof of concepts, and product implementations.
- Assist in development of and adherence to enterprise standards for software architecture.
- Collaborate with other Architects (Technical, Application, Information, Domain), Software Engineering Managers, and Software Engineers to create synergies and drive technology reuse within and across projects.
- Provide mentoring to team members, through technical mentoring and strategic thought leadership.
- Ability to see and understand the variance between Clayton’s current environment and current technology trends and develop a transition strategy to reach target state through integration patterns, interim state stages, and migration strategies.
- Works on advanced, complex technical projects or business issues requiring state of the art technical or industry knowledge.
- Experience designing and implementing Oracle Cloud Financials (ERP, EPM) and Supply Chain modules.
- Experience designing and implementing integrations between Oracle Cloud and external systems including familiarity with Oracle SOAP and REST APIs.
- Experience designing and implementing Oracle Integration Cloud (OIC).
- Experience with Oracle Financial and Supply Chain data content, mapping and modeling.
- Previous experience with a manufacturing, retail, insurance, and/or financial services organization.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact with a diverse group of team members, including executives, managers, end users across a variety of business unites, Technology professionals, and subject matter experts.
- Define strategy, plans, and governance needed to implement and manage enterprise architecture domain designs and technology standards. Facilitate technology strategy and analyze industry and market trends to determine potential impact to the organization.
- Analyze current application environment to detect critical deficiencies and recommend solutions.
- Adapt architecture roadmap periodically as the business strategy and goals evolve to ensure ongoing alignment between the business strategy and the architecture strategy.
- Ensure designs support scalability, quality, performance, security, maintainability and architectural integrity, and ensure solutions are delivered in alignment with the defined architecture strategies and goals.
- Collaborate with technology leaders to ensure the program is taking advantage of appropriate architecture frameworks and remains in compliance with established security practices.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong ability to work effectively within time constraints, changing priorities, and independently.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite: Including Intermediate in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Ten or more years’ experience in a software development and/or application architecture environment.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent technical and business experience.
Why Clayton Homes?
Founded in 1956, Clayton is a Berkshire Hathaway Company committed to opening doors to a better life and Building Happyness® through homeownership. Through its family of brands, Clayton builds, sells, finances, and insures traditional site-built homes and off-site built housing – including modular homes, manufactured homes, CrossMod™ homes, tiny homes, college dormitories, military barracks, and apartments. Corporate headquarters is located in the Knoxville, Tennessee area, specifically, Maryville, Tennessee. Clayton is the recipient of numerous industry awards including 2019 Builder of the Year and ranks as the #2 builder of homes in the U.S. by units sold. Our site-built division, Clayton Properties Group, is the 8th largest site builder in the U.S. We achieve our results through the strength of our people and have been recognized on the 2021 Forbes Best Employers for Diversity and 2021 Forbes America’s Best Employers Lists. To learn more about Clayton Homes, got to: https://www.claytonhomes.com
- Competitive benefits including 401(k) with 100% company match of the first 4%; medical, dental and vision plans; paid time off days and holidays.
- Quarterly bonus program.
- Forbes lists: America’s Best Employers, America’s Employers by State, Best Employers for Diversity, Best Employers for Women.
- Recognized as one of East Tennessee’s top technology workplaces.
- Wellness programs that focus on emotional, social, spiritual, intellectual, environmental, physical, and financial well-being.
- Onsite fitness facility with full gym, workout classes, volleyball and basketball, ping-pong, and disc golf course.
- Paid Time Off for Volunteer work.
Business Unit - B00023Technology