Great Company. Great People. Great Career.
If you want to work for a company that invests in you and your community, check out our Tax Specialist position! As a Tax Specialist, you’ll learn how to collect information, multi-task, communicate effectively, and work with a team that is goal driven. You are rewarded by engagement opportunities and monthly bonuses, that directly reflect the emphasis on customer experience! The Tax Specialist position is only the first step on your career journey! With endless career paths you can work at a company you love and start a position that puts you on a career path for success. Take the first step - It’s just the beginning! Vanderbilt Mortgage. Where you start a job and gain a career!
You could be paid:
- Base plus bonus equates to $ 18.00 - $20.00/hour
- Annual potential earnings - $ 40,000 - $42,000
- Average annual income/hourly rate varies depending on education, experience, and various bonuses
As a Tax Specialist and a Team Member at Vanderbilt Mortgage, you can enjoy these benefits:
- Unique Work from Anywhere Time Bank! To provide flexibility to our full-time in office roles, team members are allotted 18 Work from Anywhere days in their first year. This time bank increases with tenure, ask us for more details!
- Medical and Dental Plan with Prescription Coverage and Vision
- Competitive benefits including 401(K) includes 100% company match of the first 4%
- Paid time off days (PTO), maternity/paternity leave, and holidays
- Community involvement including Volunteer Paid Time Off (VTO)
- Tuition Assistance for your first degree
- Enjoy coming “home” to our brand new, state-of-the-art Home Office equipped with onsite fitness facility with full gym, workout classes, volleyball and basketball courts, ping-pong, disc golf course, and onsite restaurant
- Wellness programs that focus on emotional, social, spiritual, intellectual, environmental, physical, and financial well-being
- Collaborative and energetic work environment
- Professional development and promotion opportunities
- Competitive bonus programs
Here’s what you can expect in the role as a Tax Specialist:
The Tax Specialist position exists to review incoming tax notices on existing customers to ensure that all information is received, and/or the necessary information is obtained.
- Works a sequence of accounts daily.
- Performs follow-up for existing accounts in a timely manner.
- Researches tax bills, payments and obtains tax receipts and certificates.
- Communicates with tax offices, internal departments, attorneys, land/park owners, and customers to obtain tax information. Uses information to process tax payments for customers.
- Processes refunds and escrow adjustments as needed.
- Exhibits high level of judgment and discretion.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What you’ll need to qualify:
- High school diploma or equivalent, college is a plus.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and other applications.
- Ability to communicate effectively and efficiently via phone, email, and person to person.
- Capable of gathering facts accurately, analyzing causes, evaluating alternate solutions, and arriving at sound conclusions on action to be taken.
- Ability to manage multiple and/or conflicting responsibilities within a fast-paced environment.
- Great attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
But also, remember you:
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 75% of the time.
- Constantly operate a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a telephone, calculator, copy machine, and computer printer.
- 90% communication methods completed over the phone.
- Must be able to exchange accurate information at all times.
- Ability to identify and assess account status and determine appropriate process.
- Constantly works in an indoor temperature controlled, sealed window office environment.
Here are some more reasons to choose Vanderbilt Mortgage!
- Full-time team members have the flexibility to create their own health, dental, and vision benefits package. Vanderbilt Mortgage and Finance, Inc. provides competitive 401K programs, including investment options and company matching for full and part time employees after one year to help our team members achieve their financial goals. Additional benefits include paid parental leave, tuition reimbursement, Employee Assistance Programs, and more.
- Vanderbilt Mortgage and Finance Inc. is a subsidiary of Clayton of which is proud to have earned spots on the following Forbes lists: America’s Best Employers, America’s Best Employers by State, Best Employers for Diversity, Best Employers for Women.
- As part of Vanderbilt Mortgage’s commitment to Opening Doors to a Better Life, VMF is now providing paid time for Team Members to volunteer to causes that are meaningful to them through the Clayton Impact program.
- At VMF, we encourage holistic wellness with physical, nutritional, social, financial, spiritual, and occupational programs available online or in-person for team members.
- Our newly renovated Home Office campus offers an onsite restaurant, onsite fitness facility with full gym, in-person and virtual workout classes, yoga/barre studio, volleyball, and basketball courts, walking paths, and a disc golf course.
Vanderbilt Mortgage and Finance Inc. is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Vanderbilt Mortgage and Finance, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
Vanderbilt Mortgage. Where you start a job and gain a career!
Business Unit -Vanderbilt Mortgage