Title: Bankruptcy Representative (Non – LO – Servicing)
Reports to: Bankruptcy Team-Lead
Job Status: Full Time/Hourly
Amount of Travel Required: None
Department: Default Servicing
Campus Workstyle: Office Optimal
Vanderbilt Mortgage and Finance, Inc. was established in 1974 and currently services over 150,000 loans. Our strength as an organization is rooted in the quality of our people and products. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. Furthermore, we're financially strong, with a reputation for leading the industry with unsurpassed products, a broad range of services and a coast-to-coast presence. We're professionally strong, from entry level to more experienced positions, we're actively recruiting individuals who are passionate, positive, and eager to learn. As a member of our team, we will equip you for success, you'll enjoy excellent benefits, opportunities for growth, and an encouraging culture that supports work/life balance.
The Bankruptcy Representative position exists to monitor all active Bankruptcy cases within Vanderbilt Mortgage and Finance, Incorporated, including the preparation and filing of court documents, working directly with outside counsel, and ensuring that all compliance measures are met during the course of the Bankruptcy on existing customers.
- Exhibits excellent communication and organization skills to keep up with an extensive workload.
- Ensures full compliance with Federal and State Bankruptcy regulations.
- Monitors accounts throughout the Bankruptcy process and contacts appropriate parties when necessary.
- Learns extensive information concerning standard concepts, practices and procedures within the Bankruptcy Department.
- Thinks outside the box and provides intuitive, creative ideas to resolve issues.
- Completes Proof of Claims and Reaffirmation Agreements accurately.
- Conveys ideas clearly through both written and verbal communication.
- Measures productivity and evaluates processes while following company guidelines and procedures.
- Maintains professionalism during times of stress, urgency, and change.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent required, college preferred.
- Basic computer skills with ability to type at least 25 wpm.
- Ability to communicate effectively and efficiently via phone, email, and person to person.
- Capability of gathering facts accurately, analyzing causes, evaluating alternate solutions, and arriving at sound conclusions on action to be taken.
- Being knowledgeable with Microsoft Office, having collection experience, and possessing a basic understanding of bankruptcy processes is helpful.
- Ability to manage multiple and/or conflicting responsibilities.
- Great attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 75% of the time.
- Constantly operate a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a telephone, calculator, copy machine, and computer printer.
- 90% communication methods completed over email or the phone.
- Must be able to exchange accurate information at all times.
- Ability to identify and assess account status and determine appropriate process.
- Constantly works in an indoor temperature controlled, sealed window office environment.
- Unique Work from Anywhere Time Bank! To provide flexibility to our full-time in office roles, team members are allotted 18 Work from Anywhere days in their first year. This time bank increases with tenure, ask us for more details!
- Medical and Dental Plan with Prescription Coverage and Vision
- Competitive benefits including 401(K) includes 100% company match of the first 4%
- Paid time off days (PTO), maternity/paternity leave, and holidays
- Community involvement including Volunteer Paid Time Off (VTO)
- Tuition Assistance for your first degree
- Enjoy coming “home” to our brand new, state-of-the-art Home Office equipped with onsite fitness facility with full gym, workout classes, volleyball and basketball courts, ping-pong, disc golf course, and onsite restaurant
- Wellness programs that focus on emotional, social, spiritual, intellectual, environmental, physical, and financial well-being
- Collaborative and energetic work environment
- Professional development and promotion opportunities
- Competitive bonus programs
Business Unit -Vanderbilt Mortgage