Technology Supply Portfolio Manager
The Portfolio Manager leads a team of technology professionals that help curate and define solutions for business users. The Portfolio Manager is responsible for providing strategic thought leadership and measurable, defined outcomes in the delivery of a portfolio of solutions. They partner with the business to identify and evaluate project ideas, determine the scope and value related, estimate the budget and resource needs, prioritize, and schedule the work based on expected value and resource capacity, and monitor and control the work from initiation through value realization.
About The Team
The Supply team has a unique opportunity to work with 20 distinct Supply Facilities and partner with our Clayton Connect team. This group provides services to create and deliver goods to our manufacturing facilities as well as transport homes as needed. The Home building group is comprised of over 12k team members and produces over 50k homes per year. The Home Building Group Tech team can make construction sites safer and workers more efficient. We work to increase productivity, improve collaboration, and tackle more complex projects.
- Defines technology portfolio objectives and strategies in line with the organization's business goals and objectives.
- Facilitates the annual project/financial planning process, tracks actuals vs. budget, explains variance and updates forecasts.
- Develops and manages the technology portfolio roadmap and ensuring that it aligns with the organization's overall strategic plan.
- Oversees the selection, evaluation, prioritization, and management of technology initiatives.
- Collaborates with business to lead change and optimize the business model through automation and package solutions.
- Ensures that the technology portfolio is well-balanced, considering factors such as risk, cost, and resource availability.
- Manages relationships with key stakeholders, including business leaders, IT teams, vendors, and partners.
- Consistently challenges the team to reach their potential, resolves blockers, and ensures that implementations meet business goals and align with strategic priorities.
- Identifies, assesses emerging technologies, and trends that could impact the organization's technology portfolio and strategic plans.
- Monitors and reports on the performance of the technology portfolio, including the delivery of projects, the achievement of business benefits, and the allocation of resources.
- Ensures that the technology portfolio is well-governed and adheres to relevant policies, standards, and regulations.
- Leads and develops a team of technology portfolio professionals, providing coaching, mentoring, and performance feedback.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS, Business Administration or related field or equivalent experience
- Master's degree or other certification preferred
- Project Management certification (e.g., PMP, Agile Certified Scrum Master (CSM) PRINCE2)
- Minimum 7 years of program management or like experience
- Minimum 3 years supervisory experience
- Proven experience delivering complex products and projects utilizing various methodologies including agile, waterfall and hybrid.
- Proficient at developing financial budgets for a portfolio of projects, technical teams, and resources. Experienced in tracking actuals against the budget, explaining variances and working to keep the spend aligned to budget.
- Proven experience collaborating with the business to identify and verify the value stream. Able to define the business case, potential risks and related success criteria.
- Collaborating with business representatives able to identify the goals/objectives to develop a portfolio roadmap that outlines the proposed delivery schedule required to achieve the anticipated value.
- Proven experience identifying portfolio stakeholders, determining their impact, interest and expectations, and utilizing that the information to develop a communication plan to keep them informed and allow for initiative-taking decisioning.
- Skilled at developing resource plans that optimize resource assignments, fulfilling the organizations prioritized strategic goals and objectives.
- Capable of defining and implementing standard processes, tools, and templates to streamline work, provide consistency, and minimize waste.
- Proven experience ensuring that the deliverables and solutions delivered by the project team meet the requirements and provide the expected value.
- Proven experience coaching project managers on how to apply the necessary processes, methods, skills, knowledge, and experience to achieve specific program and project objectives.
- Proven experience driving adoption of new solution utilizing organizational change management processes and techniques.
- Able to identify key performance metrics and provide reporting to demonstrate the value the portfolio provides and allow for initiative-taking decision making to optimize that value.
- Proven experience identifying the need for outside suppliers and working with procurement to fulfill that need. Proficient in managing the supplier ensuring contractual obligations are met on time and supplier performs as expected and escalating to leadership for resolution as need.
- Technical skills
- Expert in utilization of the Microsoft Office Suite: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio
- Proven Experience utilizing advanced features within project management tools: JIRA, Microsoft Project/Project Server, Planner, or other
- Proven experience utilizing collaboration tools: SharePoint, Teams or other
- Driving Results - motivates individuals to achieve and exceed goals by establishing accountabilities, clarifying performance expectations, agreeing to high standards and measures, monitoring and reviewing performance, and providing timely and relevant feedback.
- Strategic Talent Management - attract, hire, engage, and develop talented people to build the capabilities required for the organization to perform at high levels
- Influence and Persuasion - effective in persuading, convincing, influencing, or impressing others to get them to support a specific agenda, make a specific type of impression, or take a specific course of action.
- Communicating - provides the information required by others in a concise, direct, and unambiguous way. He or she perceives how the message affects the receiver and strives to ensure that the receiver clearly understands the specifics and function of the message
- Relationship Building - develop effective long-term professional interactions with others based on trust: trust that they will always work toward the best interest of those involved and that they are sufficiently competent to provide positive results.
- Organizational Savvy - gather and accurately assess information related to the organization’s formal and informal communication channels and power relationships.
- Strategic Thinking - develop and help drive a shared understanding of a long-term vision that describes how the organization needs to operate now and, in the future.
- Analytical Thinking - tends toward taking calculated risks by making decisions and acting, even in the absence of all information.
- Business Acumen - makes sound business decisions based on a strong understanding of the company’s business model, strategic goals, and relevant policies, as well as best practices and current technologies in their own discipline or functional area
- Planning and Priority - identifies the priorities, processes, and practical actions that are necessary to achieve an objective or an idea. Develops detailed action or project plans, including objectives, accountabilities, time frames, standards, review stages, and contingencies
Business Unit - B00023Technology