Government Default Servicing Supervisor
Title: Government Default Servicing Supervisor (Non – LO – Servicing)
Job Status: Full Time/Salary
Reports to: Government Servicing Manager
Department: Government Servicing
Amount of Travel Required: Limited
Campus Workstyle: Office Optimal
Salary Level: 10
Vanderbilt Mortgage and Finance, Inc. was established in 1974 and currently services over 150,000 loans. Our strength as an organization is rooted in the quality of our people and products. We're financially strong, with a reputation for leading the industry with unsurpassed products, a broad range of services and a coast-to-coast presence. And we're professionally strong, from entry level to more experienced positions, we're actively recruiting individuals who are passionate, positive, and eager to learn. As a member of our team, we will equip you for success, you'll enjoy excellent benefits, opportunities for growth and an encouraging culture that supports work/life balance.
The Government Default Servicing Supervisor position exists to lead the Government Default Servicing team by monitoring all servicing activity to ensure policies and procedures are met.
- Develops and displays a clear understanding of laws and regulations provided by local, state, and federal government, as well as Fannie Mae, FHA, USDA, and VA.
- Recognizes and evaluates process improvement opportunities.
- Monitor and ensure loss mitigation, claims, property preservation, and legal process is streamline and compliant.
- Promotes teamwork and departmental success.
- Hires, trains, and provides ongoing development/mentoring of team members as mentoring and training will be a primary function of this role.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- 2 years of experience with GSE mortgage servicing guidelines and compliance regulations or general servicing experience.
- 2 - 5 years relevant experience in loss mitigation or loan related area.
- High School diploma or equivalent required, College degree preferred.
- Must be detail-oriented, self-motivated, and innovative.
- Ability to communicate effectively and efficiently via phone, email, and person to person.
- Capability of gathering facts accurately, analyzing causes, evaluating alternate solutions, prioritizing tasks, and arriving at sound conclusions on action to be taken.
- High sense of urgency to complete work in a timely manner.
- Ability to manage multiple and/or conflicting responsibilities.
- Great attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Strong computer skills including knowledge of Microsoft Office, Viewpoint, and the View/AS400 system.
- Experience with FHA, USDA, and VA mortgage loan servicing, including the various investor and insurer requirements, programs and regulations regarding loan servicing/default servicing/loss mitigation is a plus.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 75% of the time.
- Constantly operate a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a telephone, calculator, copy machine, and computer printer.
- 90% communication methods completed over the phone.
- Must be able to exchange accurate information at all times.
- Ability to identify and assess account status and determine appropriate process.
- Constantly works in an indoor temperature controlled, sealed window office environment.
- Unique Work from Anywhere Time Bank! To provide flexibility to our full-time in office roles, team members are allotted 18 Work from Anywhere days in their first year. This time bank increases with tenure, ask us for more details!
- Medical and Dental Plan with Prescription Coverage and Vision
- Competitive benefits including 401(K) includes 100% company match of the first 4%
- Paid time off days (PTO), maternity/paternity leave, and holidays
- Community involvement including Volunteer Paid Time Off (VTO)
- Tuition Assistance for your first degree
- Enjoy coming “home” to our brand new, state-of-the-art Home Office equipped with onsite fitness facility with full gym, workout classes, volleyball and basketball courts, ping-pong, disc golf course, and onsite restaurant
- Wellness programs that focus on emotional, social, spiritual, intellectual, environmental, physical, and financial well-being
- Collaborative and energetic work environment
- Professional development and promotion opportunities
- Competitive bonus programs
Business Unit -Vanderbilt Mortgage