Mail Processing Clerk - Tax
Title: MPC Clerk – Tax (Non – LO – No Consumer Contact)
Job Status: Full Time/Hourly
Department: Customer Service
Amount of Travel Required: None
Reports to: MPC Team-Lead
Campus Workstyle: Office Optimal
Salary Level: 4
Vanderbilt Mortgage and Finance, Inc. was established in 1974 and currently services over 150,000 loans. Our strength as an organization is rooted in the quality of our people and products. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. Furthermore, we're financially strong, with a reputation for leading the industry with unsurpassed products, a broad range of services and a coast-to-coast presence. We're professionally strong, from entry level to more experienced positions, we're actively recruiting individuals who are passionate, positive, and eager to learn. As a member of our team, we will equip you for success, you'll enjoy excellent benefits, opportunities for growth, and an encouraging culture that supports work/life balance.
The MPC Clerk – Tax position exists to complete various items concerning tax records on behalf of internal and external departments.
- Opens, sorts, and images tax mail.
- Researches tax notices in a timely and efficient manner.
- Follows up on tax bills with County Tax Offices via telephone and internet.
- Reconciles County Tax spreadsheets.
- Assigns bills in the Tax Tracking system.
- Cross trains on MPC Remote Desktop Deposit.
- Promotes teamwork and mailroom success.
- Promotes company image through professional service and actions.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent required.
- Great attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Self-starter with a “can do” attitude.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, & AS/400.
- Possess good telephone communication skills.
- Be detail oriented with good follow up skills.
- Candidate must be a team player and receptive to change.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 75% of the time.
- Constantly operate a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a telephone, calculator, copy machine, and computer printer.
- 90% communication methods completed over the phone.
- Must be able to exchange accurate information at all times.
- Ability to identify and assess account status and determine appropriate process.
- Constantly works in an indoor temperature controlled, sealed window office environment.
- Medical and Dental Plan with Prescription Coverage and Vision
- Competitive benefits including 401(K) includes 100% company match of the first 4%
- Paid time off days (PTO), maternity/paternity leave, and holidays
- Community involvement including Volunteer Paid Time Off (VTO)
- Tuition Assistance for your first degree
- Enjoy coming “home” to our brand new, state-of-the-art Home Office equipped with onsite fitness facility with full gym, workout classes, volleyball and basketball courts, ping-pong, disc golf course, and onsite restaurant
- Wellness programs that focus on emotional, social, spiritual, intellectual, environmental, physical, and financial well-being
- Collaborative and energetic work environment
- Professional development and promotion opportunities
- Competitive bonus programs
Business Unit -Vanderbilt Mortgage