Senior Data Information Architect
About The Team
This role will work within our Vanderbilt Mortgage & Finance business unit, consisting of the Originations, Servicing and Remarketing teams, delivering solutions that assist our customers acquire home financing and maintain their loan. Working with a team of other architects, you would help define the data models for ongoing modernization efforts within Vanderbilt, aligning with data models created across the enterprise.
An Initial project would consist of defining a 360-degree view of a customer and their journey from home search to home ownership. Collaborating with business subject matter experts and other technologists, you would shape the future of how Clayton can better assist customers through deep understanding of the data and how it moves in and around systems, such as Salesforce, Oracle, .Net microservices and AS400 programs. Using the lessons learned, processes and tools implemented in that project, you would then work to define other entities, building canonical data models and maturing our data cataloging practices.
- Provide leadership and coordination of architectural design and best practices for the implementation and data integration and data presentation layers throughout business units and across the organization. Should also include the definition and creation of data definitions (dictionaries) and frameworks.
- Lead functional and technical discussions and communicate effectively with a variety of audiences, moving between providing functional/technical design details and sharing how an information and data design would enhance business capabilities, stability, and supportability.
- Work effectively with business groups, technology groups, and subject matter experts in a collaborative manner, building constructive and effective relationships.
- Leverage the current Clayton technology portfolio, enterprise architectural standards, and established patterns to create solution designs that deliver the required business capabilities and map to desired features/capabilities on the roadmaps.
- Partner with the Data and Software Engineering teams in the design, testing, deployment, and governance of changes to ensure the solution meets the agreed upon business requirements and is supportable and scalable not only at an application layer, or presentation layer, but at an enterprise level.
- Designs and implements data solutions which will adequately address the application needs from a framework, component, and capability needs across the organization.
- Performs data modeling sessions with subject-matter experts, technologists and end users.
- Aligns internal data models with those provided by SaaS platforms, such as Oracle, Salesforce, and Workday.
- Analyzes data integrity requirements and ensures that systems will offer data security (PII, de-duplication, encryption) and will be effectively integrated with current applications.
- Drive design of key technical components, frameworks, interfaces, and services that can be leveraged by data analysts, data engineers, software engineers, or software engineering teams.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact with a diverse group of team members, including executives, managers, end users across a variety of business unites, Technology professionals, and subject matter experts.
- Define strategy, plans, and governance needed to implement and manage enterprise architecture domain designs and technology standards. Facilitate technology strategy and analyze industry and market trends to determine potential impact to the organization.
- Subject Matter Expert in data storage technologies, including RDMS, NoSQL, and file based.
- Familiar with Master Data Management (MDM) including data modeling, cataloging and governance tools.
- Analyze current application environment to detect critical deficiencies and recommend solutions.
- Adapt architecture roadmap periodically as the business strategy and goals evolve to ensure ongoing alignment between the business strategy and the architecture strategy.
- Ensure designs support scalability, quality, performance, security, maintainability and architectural integrity, and ensure solutions are delivered in alignment with the defined architecture strategies and goals.
- Collaborate with technology leaders to ensure the program takes advantage of appropriate architecture frameworks and remains in compliance with established security practices.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong ability to work effectively within time constraints, changing priorities, and independently.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite: Including Intermediate in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Seven or more years’ experience in data\information systems environment and/or data\information architecture.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent technical and business experience.
- Experience or familiarity with Architectural frameworks such as TOGAF, Zachman, or related frameworks in a business environment.
- Experience with modeling tools (Ardoq) desired but not required.
- Knowledge of data models within the home building and lending space, such as MISMO (Mortgage Industry Standards Maintenance Organization), desired but not required.
Why Clayton Homes?
Founded in 1956, Clayton is a Berkshire Hathaway Company committed to opening doors to a better life and Building Happyness® through homeownership. Through its family of brands, Clayton builds, sells, finances, and insures traditional site-built homes and off-site built housing – including modular homes, manufactured homes, CrossMod™ homes, tiny homes, college dormitories, military barracks, and apartments. Corporate headquarters is located in the Knoxville, Tennessee area, specifically, Maryville, Tennessee. Clayton is the recipient of numerous industry awards including 2019 Builder of the Year and ranks as the #2 builder of homes in the U.S. by units sold. Our site-built division, Clayton Properties Group, is the 8th largest site builder in the U.S. We achieve our results through the strength of our people and have been recognized on the 2021 Forbes Best Employers for Diversity and 2021 Forbes America’s Best Employers Lists. To learn more about Clayton Homes, got to: https://www.claytonhomes.com
- Competitive benefits including 401(k) with 100% company match of the first 4%; medical, dental and vision plans; paid time off days and holidays.
- Quarterly bonus program.
- Forbes lists: America’s Best Employers, America’s Employers by State, Best Employers for Diversity, Best Employers for Women.
- Recognized as one of East Tennessee’s top technology workplaces.
- Wellness programs that focus on emotional, social, spiritual, intellectual, environmental, physical, and financial well-being.
- Onsite fitness facility with full gym, workout classes, volleyball and basketball, ping-pong, and disc golf course.
- Paid Time Off for Volunteer work.
Business Unit - B00023Technology