Traveling IT Support Technician
Field Tech Specialist
The Field Tech Specialist is a multi-faceted role focusing on support, implementation, adoption, and usage of technology throughout HBG Manufacturing, Supply, and Connect facilities. Since few facilities have a full-time Tech resource, this mobile position serves as a day-to-day point of contact for all things related to technology, visiting as many as 6 to 8 facilities/locations multiple times a month. You will interact with Team Members at the facilities, vendors, Team members at the home office including Tech team members and product owners, to ensure optimal rollout and support of our technology solutions and communicate needs for new products.
In addition to technical acumen, you must prove proficient in relationship development. A critical element of this role is to develop partnerships with team members at the facility from managers to those on the front line. The role includes duties such as technical engineer, helping with hardware configuration/troubleshooting, and support analyst, assisting with basic computing (e.g., printers, PCs, general tech support).
***This role does require 100% travel to various facilities***
Key Focuses of this Opportunity: You will be a key player in helping with modernization efforts, particularly around plant infrastructure, and in developing our enterprise solutions, such as Oracle ERP, Vantage, etc.
- Serve as liaison between HBG facilities and Tech regarding any newly deployed technologies, recommending process changes, identifying possible challenges/opportunities for solutions, and proactively relaying technology-related feedback to Tech business leaders, Business Unit stakeholders, and users.
- Work trouble tickets and requests submitted by the facilities you are representing as well as assisting with the same for other regions as needed.
- Build relationships across multiple groups within plants to ensure intact feedback loops, resulting in improved adoption and use of technology investments.
- Be a day-to-day point of contact across several HBG facilities for all things related to technology.
- Be a trusted resource to triage, resolve, and/or escalate any technology issue.
- Be the “boots-on-the-ground” representative for Tech groups who provide daily support and deploy hardware/software and other technology to facilities.
- Work with Tech Product Owners to provide input on feature/capability requests for various products, including (among others) ClaytonGO, Vantage, and Oracle ERP.
- Work with associated Business Analysts to develop detailed requirements for process improvements and defect resolutions.
- Work directly with other technology groups to ensure hardware is properly maintained, serviced, secured, and kept under warranty.
- Communicate frequently and effectively with HBG Tech on activities, feedback, and opportunities.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills and the ability to interact with a diverse group of team members, including executives, managers, IT professionals, and subject matter experts.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and project-management skills.
- Inclined to roll up the sleeves and take a hands-on approach.
- Ability to self-direct and work independently, while also providing status updates and feedback to facility leadership and HBG Tech management.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite: Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Experience in business and systems analysis, as well as in basic project management.
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent technical and business experience.
- Ability to translate stakeholder requirements into basic objectives for development, as well as to simplify technical complexities for Business Units and end users.
- Ability to travel 100%, preferably living in an area where 6 to 8 HBG facilities can be reached within reasonable driving time.
- Ability to travel by air to remote facilities outside of driving distance as needed for extended coverage opportunities.
Why Clayton Homes?
- Founded in 1956, Clayton is a Berkshire Hathaway Company committed to opening doors to a better life and Building Happyness® through homeownership. Through its family of brands, Clayton builds, sells, finances, and insures traditional site-built homes and off-site built housing – including modular homes, manufactured homes, CrossMod™ homes, tiny homes, college dormitories, military barracks, and apartments. Corporate headquarters is located in the Knoxville, Tennessee area, specifically, Maryville, Tennessee. Clayton is the recipient of numerous industry awards including 2019
Builder of the Year and ranks as the #2 builder of homes in the U.S. by units sold. Our site-built division, Clayton Properties Group, is the 8th largest site builder in the U.S. We achieve our results through the strength of our people and have been recognized on the 2021 Forbes Best Employers for Diversity and 2021 Forbes America’s Best Employers Lists. To learn more about Clayton Homes, got to: https://www.claytonhomes.com
• Competitive benefits including 401(k) with 100% company match of the first 4%; medical, dental and vision
plans; paid time off days and holidays.
• Quarterly bonus program.
• Forbes lists: America’s Best Employers, America’s Employers by State, Best Employers for Diversity, Best
Employers for Women.
• Recognized as one of East Tennessee’s top technology workplaces.
• Wellness programs that focus on emotional, social, spiritual, intellectual, environmental, physical, and financial
• Onsite fitness facility with full gym, workout classes, volleyball and basketball, ping-pong, and disc golf course.
• Paid Time Off for Volunteer work
Business Unit - B00023Technology