Title: Land Examiner (Non – LO – Processor)
Job Status: Full Time/Hourly
Department: Loan Operations
Amount of Travel Required: None
Reports to: Land Examiner Team Leader
Campus Workstyle: Office Optimal
Pay Level: 8
Vanderbilt Mortgage and Finance, Inc. was established in 1974 and currently services over 150,000 loans. Our strength as an organization is rooted in the quality of our people and products. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. Furthermore, we're financially strong, with a reputation for leading the industry with unsurpassed products, a broad range of services and a coast-to-coast presence. We're professionally strong, from entry level to more experienced positions, we're actively recruiting individuals who are passionate, positive, and eager to learn. As a member of our team, we will equip you for success, you'll enjoy excellent benefits, opportunities for growth, and an encouraging culture that supports work/life balance.
The Land Examiner position exists for the daily workflow to ensure Vanderbilt Mortgage and Finance, Incorporated is in first lien position by examining land documents consisting of appraisals, surveys, and title commitments.
- Tracks land documents daily to ensure timely processing procedures.
- Audits documents to ensure completion and follow up on any concerns.
- Communicates with Appraisal Management Companies (AMC), Title Companies, Surveyors, Home Centers and various internal team members to ensure a timely completion.
- Provides process improvement ideas to upper management.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent, College degree or business-related certificates a plus.
- Three years’ experience in the finance field preferred.
- Great attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Ability to conduct research and make knowledgeable decisions regarding issues relating to state specific real estate law.
- Ability to communicate effectively and efficiently via phone, email, and person to person.
- Capability of gathering facts accurately, analyzing causes, evaluating alternate solutions, and arriving at sound conclusions on action to be taken.
- Ability to manage multiple and/or conflicting responsibilities.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 75% of the time.
- Constantly operate a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a telephone, calculator, copy machine, and computer printer.
- 90% communication methods completed over the phone.
- Must always be able to exchange accurate information.
- Ability to identify and assess account status and determine appropriate process.
- Constantly works in an indoor temperature controlled, sealed window office environment.
- Unique Work from Anywhere Time Bank! To provide flexibility to our full-time in office roles, team members are allotted 18 Work from Anywhere days in their first year. This time bank increases with tenure, ask us for more details!
- Medical and Dental Plan with Prescription Coverage and Vision
- Competitive benefits including 401(K) includes 100% company match of the first 4%
- Paid time off days (PTO), maternity/paternity leave, and holidays
- Community involvement including Volunteer Paid Time Off (VTO)
- Tuition Assistance for your first degree
- Enjoy coming “home” to our brand new, state-of-the-art Home Office equipped with onsite fitness facility with full gym, workout classes, volleyball and basketball courts, ping-pong, disc golf course, and onsite restaurant
- Wellness programs that focus on emotional, social, spiritual, intellectual, environmental, physical, and financial well-being
- Collaborative and energetic work environment
- Professional development and promotion opportunities
- Competitive bonus programs
Business Unit -Vanderbilt Mortgage