Software Engineering Lead
Software Engineering Lead - VMF Servicing
As a Software Engineering Lead, you will be part of an Agile Scrum team which is responsible for the creation and maintenance of products that support our business operations. You will participate in Sprint activities, such as planning, grooming and daily standups to deliver on commitments, continuously improve process and drive positive change.
You will work directly with architects, senior management, functional analysts, and the product team to understand design requirements and business needs, which you will translate into goals and milestones for your development team. You will be accountable for the quality of solutions produced by the team, execution on delivery timelines and root cause analysis for defects and production support issues.
The ideal candidate cultivates a team atmosphere unafraid to innovate, work together and rapidly build quality solutions. They will be a mentor to the team and an advocate for our business partners. They will challenge the team to reach their potential, resolve blockers and ensure that implementations match design criteria and architectural direction. Working with product owners, they will build roadmaps, help senior management understand resource needs and enable the team to successfully achieve goals.
About The Team
The scrum teams you will be working with for the VMF Servicing department consist of RPG and .NET Software Engineers of varying skill and experience. These teams are responsible for the maintenance, enhancement, and extension of the Core RPG servicing system, the HATS overlay of the servicing system (branded “the VIEW”), and .NET applications accessed through .NET menus and links in the VIEW. Most new functionality and replacement of old RPG applications utilize the .NET technology and attendant technologies like Rabbit MQ, GitHub, SEQUEL server, red gate, and others.
- Manage and provide technical guidance to scrum team members, challenge them to meet their potential and create solutions that align with our architectural guidelines and project goals.
- Create technical and soft skill development plans for direct reports.
- Serve as liaison between the technical team and portfolio team to ensure timely delivery of sprint goals.
- Monitor quality of code and designs.
- Work daily problems as they arise to remove blockers and keep the team operating efficiently.
- Serve as a technical representative for our servicing department customers.
- Ensure quality project delivery for one or more scrum teams, including customer issues and resolution SLAs.
- Participate in issue investigation and drive the team to pursue root cause.
- Contribute to design revisions as needed.
- Create team collaboration and drive consensus on key decisions.
- 4+ years of Software Development experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in a computer science related field, or equivalent work experience.
- Ability to be a technical mentor in the following areas: Database design/implementation, Cloud computing, .NET full stack, Rabbit MQ, React, and related technologies.
- Experience with project tracking software and Agile Methodology.
- Experience with source control systems and CI/CD pipelines.
- Prior experience leading a team preferred.
Why Clayton Homes?
Founded in 1956, Clayton is a Berkshire Hathaway Company committed to opening doors to a better life and Building Happyness® through homeownership. Through its family of brands, Clayton builds, sells, finances, and insures traditional site-built homes and off-site built housing – including modular homes, manufactured homes, CrossMod™ homes, tiny homes, college dormitories, military barracks, and apartments. Corporate headquarters is in the Knoxville, Tennessee area, specifically, Maryville, Tennessee. Clayton is the recipient of numerous industry awards including 2019 Builder of the Year and ranks as the #2 builder of homes in the U.S. by units sold. Our site-built division, Clayton Properties Group, is the 8th largest site builder in the U.S. We achieve our results through the strength of our people and have been recognized on the 2021 Forbes Best Employers for Diversity and 2021 Forbes America’s Best Employers lists. To learn more about Clayton Homes, got to: https://www.claytonhomes.com
- Competitive benefits including 401(k) with 100% company match of the first 4%; medical, dental and vision plans; paid time off days and holidays.
- Quarterly bonus program.
- Forbes lists: America’s Best Employers, America’s Employers by State, Best Employers for Diversity, Best Employers for Women.
- Recognized as one of East Tennessee’s top technology workplaces.
- Wellness programs that focus on emotional, social, spiritual, intellectual, environmental, physical, and financial well-being.
- Onsite fitness facility with full gym, workout classes, volleyball and basketball, ping-pong, and disc golf course.
- Paid Time Off for Volunteer work.
Business Unit - B00023Technology