Title: Loan Closer (Non – LO – Processor)
Job Status: Full Time/Hourly
Department: Loan Operations
Reports to: Loan Closer Team Leader
Amount of Travel Required: None
Salary Level: 8
Workstyle: Office Optimal
Vanderbilt Mortgage and Finance, Inc. was established in 1974 and currently services over 150,000 loans. Our strength as an organization is rooted in the quality of our people and products. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. Furthermore, we're financially strong, with a reputation for leading the industry with unsurpassed products, a broad range of services and a coast-to-coast presence. We're professionally strong, from entry level to more experienced positions, we're actively recruiting individuals who are passionate, positive, and eager to learn. As a member of our team, we will equip you for success, you'll enjoy excellent benefits, opportunities for growth, and an encouraging culture that supports work/life balance.
The Loan Closer position exists to assemble, prepare, and verify closing documents. They perform purely administrative tasks surrounding loan processing and do not negotiate or advise credit terms with consumers.
- Coordinates with closing attorneys, title companies, Home Centers, and various internal departments throughout the mortgage process to ensure timely completion.
- Prepares loan packages and coordinates the details of the final closing.
- Ensures all documents are properly recorded and delivered.
- Monitors processing pipeline to ensure loans are progressing through based on regulatory and company’s requirements.
- Assists with post-closing and post-funding tasks.
- Prepares wire breakdowns and wire requests to send to Title company.
- Prepares check requests for seller proceeds, realtor commissions, lienholder payoffs, checks to Appraisal Management Company (NAN), and any additional checks necessary.
- Conducts research and makes knowledgeable decisions regarding issues relating to mortgage loan processing.
- Maintains a working knowledge of the lending process, and the ability to work under strict deadlines.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent required, college a plus.
- Ability to train and work from home.
- Ability to analyze data and make knowledgeable decisions related to mortgage loan processing.
- At least 2 years of mortgage lending experience.
- Must submit to a credit check used only for Arizona licensing purposes.
- Must be self-motivated, pro-active, and dependable.
- Strong communication skills with a high sense of urgency.
- Must be well organized, detail oriented, be able to multi-task effectively.
- Knowledge of AS/400 and Link a plus.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Software.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 75% of the time.
- Constantly operate a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a telephone, calculator, copy machine, and computer printer.
- 90% communication methods completed over the phone.
- Must be able to exchange accurate information at all times.
- Ability to identify and assess account status and determine appropriate process.
- Constantly works in an indoor temperature controlled, sealed window office environment.
- Unique Work from Anywhere Time Bank! To provide flexibility to our full-time in office roles, team members are allotted 18 Work from Anywhere days in their first year. This time bank increases with tenure, ask us for more details!
- Medical and Dental Plan with Prescription Coverage and Vision
- Competitive benefits including 401(K) includes 100% company match of the first 4%
- Paid time off days (PTO), maternity/paternity leave, and holidays
- Community involvement including Volunteer Paid Time Off (VTO)
- Tuition Assistance for your first degree
- Enjoy coming “home” to our brand new, state-of-the-art Home Office equipped with onsite fitness facility with full gym, workout classes, volleyball and basketball courts, ping-pong, disc golf course, and onsite restaurant
- Wellness programs that focus on emotional, social, spiritual, intellectual, environmental, physical, and financial well-being
- Collaborative and energetic work environment
- Professional development and promotion opportunities
- Competitive bonus programs
Business Unit -Vanderbilt Mortgage