Loan Administration Team Leader
Title: Loan Administration Team Leader (Non –LO – No Consumer Contact)
Reports to: Loan Administration Manager
Job Status: Full Time/Salary
Amount of Travel Required: None Department: Customer Service
Campus Workstyle: Office Optimal
Salary Level: 10
Vanderbilt Mortgage and Finance, Inc. was established in 1974 and currently services over 150,000 loans. Our strength as an organization is rooted in the quality of our people and products. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. Furthermore, we're financially strong, with a reputation for leading the industry with unsurpassed products, a broad range of services and a coast-to-coast presence. And we're professionally strong, from entry level to more experienced positions, we're actively recruiting individuals who are passionate, positive, and eager to learn. As a member of our team, we will equip you for success, you'll enjoy excellent benefits, opportunities for growth, and an encouraging culture that supports work/life balance.
The Loan Administration Team Leader position to manage and lead the Loan Administration Senior, Loan Administration Specialist team and the Correspondence team, ensuring they have everything they require to successfully execute the responsibilities and tasks associated with customer correspondence, insurance loss claims, and credit reporting maintenance and disputes.
- Responsible for managing VMF’s monthly informational statements with the third-party supplier, as well as partnering with the other Loan Administration Department Supervisor role for all departmental monitoring and auditing.
- Provides development, training, and coaching to the Loan Administration Senior, Loan Administration Specialist role, and the Correspondence Clerk role.
- Assists team members in daily assignments ensuring that all work is done in a timely manner.
- Tracks team member paid time off (PTO) time as well as ensures team members remain in compliance.
- Oversees the completion of all Loan Administration and Call Center department level auditing and team member monitoring.
- Tracks all department metrics and issues scorecards for Specialists and Clerks.
- Approves invoices/checks in Oracle, maintains and balances the general ledger, and makes journal entries as needed.
- Ensures proper handling of credit bureau disputes, inquiries, and questions.
- Oversees all informational monthly statement runs to ensure quality and compliance with RESPA guidelines.
- Ensures qualifying customer correspondence is handled in accordance with all applicable RESPA regulations.
- Acts as point of contact and partners with third-party statement supplier for privacy notice and 1098 yearly runs.
- Ensures all consumer complaints are handled and routed appropriately.
- Processes and responds to all Servicing BBB complaints received.
- Maintains Credit Bureau manual and ensures all legal requirements are being adhered to and met with monthly systemic reporting.
- Ensures all external and internal credit disputes are handled appropriately.
- Works with Originations department to ensure proper handling for system generated reporting.
- Processes all total loss checks and makes educated business decisions based on relevant circumstances surrounding a mortgage claim.
- Facilitates all substitution of collateral requests associated with insurance claims.
- Recommends projects, processes, and procedures to better enhance the Loan Administration Department.
- Works with Special Projects and Product Owners to write and track enhancements.
- Provides monthly reporting to Loan Administration Manager.
- Performs duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent required. College degree preferred.
- Computer competency with Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge of status accounts (default servicing) along with working knowledge and continued education of the Metro 2 Credit Bureau Guide a plus.
- Familiarity with Microsoft SSMS queries a plus.
- Experience managing third-party vendors.
- Knowledge of pertinent regulations including RESPA, TILA, FDCPA, FCRA, ECOA a plus.
- Ability to resolve customer service issues via telephone, fax, and email.
- Must possess multi-tasking ability, self-motivated in their work, communication skills, and organizational skills.
- Great attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment and help team members in said environment.
- Experience with Oracle and journal entries.
- Experience with projects and working with programmers a plus.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 75% of the time.
- Constantly operate a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a telephone, calculator, copy machine, and computer printer.
- 90% communication methods completed over the phone. Must be able to exchange accurate information at all times.
- Ability to identify and assess account status and determine appropriate process.
- Constantly works in an indoor temperature controlled, sealed window office environment.
- Unique Work from Anywhere Time Bank! To provide flexibility to our full-time in office roles, team members are allotted 18 Work from Anywhere days in their first year. This time bank increases with tenure, ask us for more details!
- Medical and Dental Plan with Prescription Coverage and Vision
- Competitive benefits including 401(K) includes 100% company match of the first 4%
- Paid time off days (PTO), maternity/paternity leave, and holidays
- Community involvement including Volunteer Paid Time Off (VTO)
- Tuition Assistance for your first degree
- Enjoy coming “home” to our brand new, state-of-the-art Home Office equipped with onsite fitness facility with full gym, workout classes, volleyball and basketball courts, ping-pong, disc golf course, and onsite restaurant
- Wellness programs that focus on emotional, social, spiritual, intellectual, environmental, physical, and financial well-being
- Collaborative and energetic work environment
- Professional development and promotion opportunities
- Competitive bonus programs
Business Unit -Vanderbilt Mortgage