UX/UI Designer II - remote eligible
About The Team
As a UX/UI Designer II, you will be a key member of our innovative, nascent design team. In this role, you will be working closely with a cross-functional team of developers, product managers, and customer experience specialists to design digital systems and products that meet the evolving needs of our customers. From developing user-centered websites and mobile apps, to formalizing design systems and component libraries, you will be at the forefront of shaping the way we educate, motivate, inform, and deliver on our customer-centered values. Your work will have a significant impact on the success of our products and our ability to deliver exceptional customer experiences.
- Knowledge of UX principles, methodologies, and design best practices. This includes a basic understanding of user centered design, user research methodologies, and accessibility standards.
- Capable of assisting in user research activities and workshops.
- Creates wireframes, design specifications, prototypes, and user flow diagrams.
- Skilled in page design, organization, responsive web development techniques and structure of content.
- Ensures design standards and guidelines are maintained and shared with development teams to guide product design.
- Strong active listening and collaboration skills.
- Ability to influence others and move toward a common vision or goal.
- Understanding of project management approaches, tools, and phases of the delivery lifecycle (Scrum, Kanban, Lean)
- Participate in end-to-end design reviews with project teams.
- Advocate and lead UX discussions with project teams.
- Consider existing insights, technical constraints, business needs, and specific platform demands to produce user centered, data driven, and design focused solutions.
- Associate or bachelor’s degree preferred but not required.
- 2+ years recent experience in visual design craftsmanship, combined with a keen ability to anticipate and address user needs.
- Knowledge of industry-standard design software (Figma, Adobe Creative Suites)
- Must be a team player and able to work collaboratively with and through others.
- Experience with integration platforms such as Marketing Cloud, Salesforce, Appian or similar.
- Help teams apply usability and design processes and tools in support of projects and initiatives.
- Experience with both public facing and internally facing web applications.
- Effective problem solver with demonstrated ability to develop creative solutions that are both functional and visually appealing.
- Flexible and adaptable; able to work in ambiguous situations.
- Resilient and tenacious with a propensity to persevere.
- Ability to engage with others to cultivate an environment of learning and constructive collaboration.
- Ability to prioritize and manage work, adhering to critical project timelines.
- Good relationship-building with a strong and approachable communication style to work effectively within cross functional teams and with all levels of the organization.
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to visually communicate through design and presentation.
Why Clayton Homes?
Founded in 1956, Clayton is a Berkshire Hathaway Company committed to opening doors to a better life and Building Happyness® through homeownership. Through its family of brands, Clayton builds, sells, finances, and insures traditional site-built homes and off-site built housing – including modular homes, manufactured homes, CrossMod™ homes, tiny homes, college dormitories, military barracks, and apartments. Corporate headquarters is located in the Knoxville, Tennessee area, specifically, Maryville, Tennessee. Clayton is the recipient of numerous industry awards including 2019 Builder of the Year and ranks as the #2 builder of homes in the U.S. by units sold. Our site-built division, Clayton Properties Group, is the 8th largest site builder in the U.S. We achieve our results through the strength of our people and have been recognized on the 2021 Forbes Best Employers for Diversity and 2021 Forbes America’s Best Employers Lists. To learn more about Clayton Homes, got to: https://www.claytonhomes.com
Business Unit - B00023Technology