Senior Director - Data Engineering, Analytics and Governance
The Tech Senior Director role provides guidance and leads a group of Technology Leaders and team members in a particular area of our organization. A Tech Senior Director will typically drive budgetary and strategic decisions for a department, or multiple departments, working closely with the Vice President to ensure enterprise alignment. Some common responsibilities for the Tech Senior Director role include defining or shaping guidelines, policies, and procedures to be used across the Technology organization, planning and coordinating Technology-wide efforts (projects, programs, and cross-team efforts), and evaluating and developing strategies. The Tech Senior Director is an Executive management position.
About The Team
The Clayton Data Engineering, Analytics & Governance (DEA&G) team is responsible for Data movement into our Enterprise Data Warehouse, our Operational Data Stores, between our operational Systems on prem and on the public cloud. We are growing and are looking for a Senior Director of DEA&G to join & lead this dynamic team to develop advanced data infrastructure pipelines and solutions that present information for decision making, advancing our Data Governance practices and maturity, elevating our Analytics activities and to lead our strategic roadmap for Data activities throughout Clayton Technology.
• Ensuring strategic alignment of activities at one or more Department levels
• Defining, recommending, and implementing Strategic Data Initiatives that elevate availability, usability, and cleanliness of our enterprise data
• Develop team morale across multiple DEA&G departments through encouragement, coaching, and collaboration
• Serve as a chief communicator for DEA&G, particularly with team members reporting directly to you but also across multiple teams within or across departments (Technology and Business Units)
• Drive capacity planning activities to ensure the right roles are in the right place at the right time to ensure projects and broader programs succeed
• Develop strategic roadmaps or tactical plans for upcoming work covering two to three years, with a focus on delivery in the near-term
• Setting goals for the DEA&G team and monitoring progress
• Fostering positive relationships with your team members, peers, and other teams that support or interact with your team
• Inspiring team members and motivating them to reach individual and team goals
• Providing feedback or performance reviews to encourage future growth, playing a key role in promotion decisions
• Celebrating team successes
• Development of department budgets, and overseeing the budget for a team or department
• Supporting the hiring, interviewing and training processes for leadership and individual contributor roles within the team as appropriate
• Using strategic planning to create business and productivity goals for your team, area, or department
• Manage contractors and vendor relationships associated with contract labor
• Deep subject matter expertise in Data Analytics and Data Architecture, ideally in a multi-business organization that desired enterprise-views of data.
• Ability to rationalize complex data problems (defining a ‘customer’ across five business units) into actionable solutions
• Foresight and vision to make data more available and usable across the enterprise
• Familiarity with building data pipelines and data infrastructures (Data Lakes, Operational Data Stores, Data Warehouses)
• Robust experience across multiple data analytics platforms (Tableau, PowerBI)
• Data Governance optimization and evangelism background highly desired
• Drive change through influence and persuasion, as well as driving execution of planned activities
• 11 to 14 years of experience in the direct field of responsibility or similar experience
• 8 to 11 years of previous management experience
• Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
• Ability to develop plans and define tasks needed to complete projects or defined activities (e.g., upgrade a system; test a suite of releases; etc.)
• Project Management
• Financial Acumen
• Analysis of Problems (size, scale, scope, impact)
• Courageous Conversations
• Hiring Practices
• Interviewing Skills
• Prioritization (for self and others)
• Goal Setting
• Change Management
• Relationship management
• Contract and vendor management
• Conflict Management
• Influence and Persuasion
• Collaboration and Teamwork
• Global Mindset
• Interpersonal Dynamics
• Relationship Building
• Coaching and Developing Others
• Managing Innovation
• Strategic Talent Management
• Deliberative Decision Making
• Strategic Thinking
• Planning and Priority Setting
• Analytical Thinking
• Composure and Resiliency
Why Clayton Homes?
Founded in 1956, Clayton is a Berkshire Hathaway Company committed to opening doors to a better life and Building Happyness® through homeownership. Through its family of brands, Clayton builds, sells, finances, and insures traditional site-built homes and off-site built housing – including modular homes, manufactured homes, CrossMod™ homes, tiny homes, college dormitories, military barracks, and apartments. Corporate headquarters is located in the Knoxville, Tennessee area, specifically, Maryville, Tennessee. Clayton is the recipient of numerous industry awards including 2019 Builder of the Year and ranks as the #2 builder of homes in the U.S. by units sold. Our site-built division, Clayton Properties Group, is the 8th largest site builder in the U.S. We achieve our results through the strength of our people and have been recognized on the 2021 Forbes Best Employers for Diversity and 2021 Forbes America’s Best Employers Lists. To learn more about Clayton Homes, got to: https://www.claytonhomes.com
- Competitive benefits including 401(k) with 100% company match of the first 4%; medical, dental and vision plans; paid time off days and holidays.
- Quarterly bonus program.
- Forbes lists: America’s Best Employers, America’s Employers by State, Best Employers for Diversity, Best Employers for Women.
- Recognized as one of East Tennessee’s top technology workplaces.
- Wellness programs that focus on emotional, social, spiritual, intellectual, environmental, physical, and financial well-being.
- Onsite fitness facility with full gym, workout classes, volleyball and basketball, ping-pong, and disc golf course.
- Paid Time Off for Volunteer work.
Business Unit - B00023Technology