Portfolio Management Lead
The Portfolio Management Lead leads a team of technology professionals that help curate and define solutions for business users. The Portfolio Manager is responsible for providing strategic thought leadership and measurable, defined outcomes in the delivery of a portfolio of solutions. They partner with the business to identify and evaluate project ideas, determine the scope and value related, estimate the budget and resource needs, prioritize, and schedule the work based on expected value and resource capacity, and monitor and control the work from initiation through value realization.
About The Team
The Retail Technology team is leading in a technology modernization initiative to better serve our team members and customers. This role would be an integral part of supporting the program by leading our Product Owner practice as well as actively contributing to the design and development of our new platforms and applications.
- Defines technology portfolio objectives and strategies in line with the organization's business goals and objectives.
- Develops and manages the technology portfolio roadmap and ensuring that it aligns with the organization's overall strategic plan.
- Oversees the selection, evaluation, prioritization, and management of technology initiatives in the portfolio.
- Collaborates with business to lead change and optimize the business model through automation and package solutions.
- Ensures that the technology portfolio is well-balanced, considering factors such as risk, cost, and resource availability.
- Manages relationships with key stakeholders, including business leaders, IT teams, vendors, and partners.
- Consistently challenges the team to reach their potential, resolves blockers, and ensures that implementations meet business goals and align with strategic priorities.
- Identifies, assesses emerging technologies, and trends that could impact the organization's technology portfolio and strategic plans.
- Monitors and reports on the performance of the technology portfolio, including the delivery of projects, the achievement of business benefits, and the allocation of resources.
- Ensures that the technology portfolio is well-governed and adheres to relevant policies, standards, and regulations.
- Leads and develops a team of technology portfolio professionals, providing coaching, mentoring, and performance feedback.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS, Business Administration or related field or equivalent experience
- Five or more years’ experience as a product owner in an agile software development environment.
- Experience as a business analyst, system analyst, functional analysts, project manager or other similar technology delivery role
- Project Management certification (e.g., PMP, Agile Certified Scrum Master (CSM) PRINCE2) preferred
- Able to develop business process models providing the analytical or graphical representation and illustration of the business processes or workflow of an organization.
- Experienced delivering products and projects utilizing various methodologies including agile, waterfall and hybrid.
- Able to assist leadership in developing a financial budget for a portfolio of projects and technical team of resources. Knowledgeable on tracking actuals against the budget, explaining variances and working to keep the spend aligned to budget.
- Able to collaborate with the business to identify and verify the value stream. Proven experience defining the business case, potential risks and related success criteria. Trained on how to develop return on investment and total cost of ownership.
- Working with business representatives able to identify the goals/objectives and develop a roadmap outlining the proposed delivery scheduled for a portfolio of projects required to achieve those objectives.
- Proven experience identifying portfolio stakeholders, determining their impact, interest and expectations and utilizing that the information to develop a communication plan to keep them informed and allow for initiative-taking decisioning.
- Able to optimize resource assignments to fulfill the organizations strategic goals and objectives.
- Able to collaborates across the organization to define and implement standard processes, tools, and templates to streamline work, provide consistency, and minimize waste.
- Proven experience ensuring that the deliverables and solutions delivered by the project team meet the requirements and provide the expected value.
- Proven experience coaching project managers on how to apply the necessary processes, methods, skills, knowledge and experience to achieve specific program and project objectives.
- Proven experience driving adoption of new solution utilizing organizational change management processes and techniques.
- Working with leadership able to identify key performance metrics and provide reporting to demonstrate the value the portfolio provides and allow for initiative-taking decision making to optimize that value.
- Proven experience managing the supplier ensuring contractual obligations are met on time and supplier performs as expected.
- Technical skills
- Expert in utilization of the Microsoft Office Suite: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio
- Experienced utilizing project management tools: JIRA, Microsoft Project/Project Server, Planner, or other
- Experiences utilizing collaboration tools: SharePoint, Teams or other
- Driving Results - motivates individuals to achieve and exceed goals by establishing accountabilities, clarifying performance expectations, agreeing to high standards and measures, monitoring and reviewing performance, and providing timely and relevant feedback.
- Strategic Talent Management - attract, hire, engage, and develop talented people to build the capabilities required for the organization to perform at high levels
- Influence and Persuasion - effective in persuading, convincing, influencing, or impressing others to get them to support a specific agenda, make a specific type of impression, or take a specific course of action.
- Communicating - provides the information required by others in a concise, direct, and unambiguous way. He or she perceives how the message affects the receiver and strives to ensure that the receiver clearly understands the specifics and function of the message
- Relationship Building - develop effective long-term professional interactions with others based on trust: trust that they will always work toward the best interest of those involved and that they are sufficiently competent to provide positive results.
- Organizational Savvy - gather and accurately assess information related to the organization’s formal and informal communication channels and power relationships.
- Strategic Thinking - develop and help drive a shared understanding of a long-term vision that describes how the organization needs to operate now and, in the future.
- Analytical Thinking - tends toward taking calculated risks by making decisions and acting, even in the absence of all information.
- Business Acumen - makes sound business decisions based on a strong understanding of the company’s business model, strategic goals, and relevant policies, as well as best practices and current technologies in their own discipline or functional area
- Planning and Priority - identifies the priorities, processes, and practical actions that are necessary to achieve an objective or an idea. Develops detailed action or project plans, including objectives, accountabilities, time frames, standards, review stages, and contingencies
Why Clayton Homes?
Founded in 1956, Clayton is a Berkshire Hathaway Company committed to opening doors to a better life and Building Happyness® through homeownership. Through its family of brands, Clayton builds, sells, finances, and ensures traditional site-built homes and off-site built housing – including modular homes, manufactured homes, CrossMod™ homes, tiny homes, college dormitories, military barracks, and apartments. Corporate headquarters is located in the Knoxville, Tennessee area, specifically, Maryville, Tennessee. Clayton is the recipient of numerous industry awards including 2019 Builder of
the Year and ranks as the #2 builder of homes in the U.S. by units sold. Our site-built division, Clayton Properties Group, is the 8th largest site builder in the U.S. We achieve our results through the strength of our people and have been recognized on the 2021 Forbes Best Employers for Diversity and 2021 Forbes America’s Best Employers Lists. To learn more about Clayton Homes, got to: https://www.claytonhomes.com
- Competitive benefits including 401(k) with 100% company match of the first 4%; medical, dental and vision plans; paid time off days and holidays.
- Quarterly bonus program.
- Forbes lists: America’s Best Employers, America’s Employers by State, Best Employers for Diversity, Best Employers for Women.
- Recognized as one of East Tennessee’s top technology workplaces.
- Wellness programs that focus on emotional, social, spiritual, intellectual, environmental, physical, and financial well-being.
- Onsite fitness facility with full gym, workout classes, volleyball and basketball, ping-pong, and disc golf course.
- Paid Time Off for Volunteer work.
Business Unit - B00023Technology