Business Systems Analyst (Mid-Senior) - Hybrid
The Systems Analyst role serves as a technical liaison between multiple business units and technology teams to define systems relationships, data flows, technical functions and features of products, and implement new functionality for the Clayton Properties Group and HEIBAR Portfolio. This position will document stakeholder requirements, refine requirements for delivery teams to implement, and at times make data and technical changes to system in support of product development or other technology projects. The Systems Analyst will coordinate and interact with internal Tech development and shared services teams, vendors, portfolio teams, and architecture teams to ensure requirements are understood and capable of being implemented. This is mostly a technology-facing role, requiring excellent technical and analytical skills.
About The Team
The Home Building Group has a unique opportunity to work with 40 distinct Home Building Facilities, 20 Supply facilities, 4 HEIBAR facilities and 9 site builders. The Home Building Group is comprised of over 12k team members and produces over 50k homes per year. The Home Building Group Tech team can make construction sites safer and workers more efficient. We work to increase productivity, improve collaboration, and tackle more complex projects. This role will work across the Properties and HEIBAR groups to specify technical requirements for our team and document data dependencies between systems. Initial projects will include the documentation and potential re-implementation of the HEIBAR ERP system as well as a consolidation of accounting systems across 9 different builders.
· Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills and the ability to interact with a diverse group of team members, including executives, managers, end users across a variety of business unites, Technology professionals, and subject matter experts.
· Proven ability to document system integration patterns or other general system architecture.
· Proven ability to translate stakeholder requirements into technical specifications that can be used by various technical teams to produce a solution.
· Intermediate knowledge of application development and design principles.
· Intermediate to advanced data analysis skills.
· Proven ability to produce data flows, identify data relationships, perform data transformation activities, and ensure data integrity across systems.
· Proven ability to collaborate with Quality Assurance professionals and development teams to review test cases, perform system integration testing, and facilitate user acceptance testing.
· Expert ability to elicit report requirements, understand the data elements to design them and how to perform the validation to ensure it represents the operational need
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Strong ability to work independently and effectively within time constraints and changing priorities.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite: Including Intermediate in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
· Bachelor's degree or equivalent technical and business experience.
· Experience with introducing new technology features and functionality to user groups.
· Experience improving business or systems processes for efficiency and/or cost savings.
· Experience with developing, maintaining, and executing a change management strategy and plan which includes stakeholder management, communications, training, and monitors overall organizational readiness.
· May be responsible for project initiation, planning, and implementation.
· Advocate for process changes to business stakeholders and technical professionals to support future-state design process improvements, and new products / platforms.
· Provide input to leadership for the implementation of process improvement opportunities by identifying potential improvements, mapping out process changes, obtaining buy-in and approval, refining requirements and scope, and proactively communicating project capabilities to business leaders, stakeholders, technical professionals, and users.
· Lean Six Sigma certification or experience is an advantage.
· Share knowledge through formal discussions and/or presentations to large groups.
· Manufacturing, Supply Chain Management or Logistics experience will be relevant for this role.
Why Clayton Homes?
Founded in 1956, Clayton is a Berkshire Hathaway Company committed to opening doors to a better life and Building Happyness® through homeownership. Through its family of brands, Clayton builds, sells, finances, and insures traditional site-built homes and off-site built housing – including modular homes, manufactured homes, CrossMod™ homes, tiny homes, college dormitories, military barracks, and apartments. Corporate headquarters is located in the Knoxville, Tennessee area, specifically, Maryville, Tennessee. Clayton is the recipient of numerous industry awards including 2019 Builder of the Year and ranks as the #2 builder of homes in the U.S. by units sold. Our site-built division, Clayton Properties Group, is the 8th largest site builder in the U.S. We achieve our results through the strength of our people and have been recognized on the 2021 Forbes Best Employers for Diversity and 2021 Forbes America’s Best Employers Lists. To learn more about Clayton Homes, got to: https://www.claytonhomes.com
· Competitive benefits including 401(k) with 100% company match of the first 4%; medical, dental and vision plans; paid time off days and holidays.
· Quarterly bonus program.
· Forbes lists: America’s Best Employers, America’s Employers by State, Best Employers for Diversity, Best Employers for Women.
· Recognized as one of East Tennessee’s top technology workplaces.
· Wellness programs that focus on emotional, social, spiritual, intellectual, environmental, physical, and financial well-being.
· Onsite fitness facility with full gym, workout classes, volleyball and basketball, ping-pong, and disc golf course.
· Paid Time Off for Volunteer work.
Business Unit - B00023Technology