Class A CDL Driver-Toter
Clayton Homes, a Berkshire Hathaway company and the nation's leading housing provider, is a vertically integrated housing company that builds, sells, and insures affordable housing. Our commitment to creating a World Class Customer Experience is unparalleled in the housing industry and we believe it begins with a World Class Team Member Experience. From entry-level to more experienced positions, we're actively recruiting individuals who are passionate, positive, and eager to learn. We then equip you for success, whether you're in the office, in the field, or on the floor. As a member of our team you'll enjoy excellent benefits, opportunities for growth, and an encouraging culture that supports work / life balance.
Class A CDL Driver – Toter Driver
Reports to: Terminal Manager
Cooperates with: Driver Supervisors, Home Center Team, Manufacturing Team, Pilot Escorts
A Toter Truck Driver is typically a senior driver with a Class A CDL and extensive experience and skills. This is a CDL qualified position responsible for the transportation of all classes of oversized and overweight loads. This position is also responsible for maintaining proper and accurate paperwork and ensuring a professional appearance with all vehicles. This position is accountable for basic and safe operation of all equipment. Drivers in this classification are also responsible to ensure they have all required permits before delivery.
- Safe and effective transportation of the oversized load within the region.
- Safe operation of all equipment including daily maintenance checks and electronic driver logs.
- Operating and maintaining all equipment to meet compliance standards set by the DOT.
- Partner with Driver Supervisors and Pilot/Escort Drivers to coordinate daily permits and load selection scheduled for delivery.
- Coordinate pick up the scheduled oversized load.
- Coordinate delivery and placement of the oversized load in the appointed retail location.
- Provide route information and best practices to the oversized load team.
- Returns to the terminal with completed delivery paperwork in a timely manner.
- Carry out end of shift/day clean up procedures, such as cleaning and servicing of work stations and equipment.
- Reports any traffic accidents or load damages to the local authorities and driver supervisor team in a timely manner.
- Provide world class customer experience while over-the-road and when delivering the home.
- (Additional Specific duties as applicable)
A Berkshire Hathaway Company - an integrity-based organization offering unlimited career growth opportunities.
Full-time team members have the flexibility to create their own health, dental, and vision benefits package. Clayton provides competitive 401K programs, including investment options and company matching for full and part time employees after one year to help our team members achieve their financial goals. Additional benefits include paid parental leave, tuition reimbursement, Employee Assistance Programs, and more.
As part of Clayton’s commitment to Opening Doors to a Better Life, Clayton is now providing paid time for Team Members to volunteer to causes that are meaningful to them through the Clayton Impact program.
Clayton is proud to have earned spots on the following Forbes lists: America’s Best Employers, America’s Best Employers by State, Best Employers for Diversity, Best Employers for Women.
At Clayton, we encourage holistic wellness with physical, nutritional, social, financial, spiritual and occupational programs available online or in-person for team members.
Clayton is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Clayton is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
Business Unit - B00007Clayton Connect