Regional Organizational Development Manager
Clayton Homes, a Berkshire Hathaway company and the nation's leading housing provider, is a vertically integrated housing company that builds, sells, and insures affordable housing. Our commitment to creating a World Class Customer Experience is unparalleled in the housing industry and we believe it begins with a World Class Team Member Experience. From entry-level to more experienced positions, we're actively recruiting individuals who are passionate, positive, and eager to learn. We then equip you for success, whether you're in the office, in the field, or on the floor. As a member of our team you'll enjoy excellent benefits, opportunities for growth, and an encouraging culture that supports work / life balance.
This position is responsible for enabling performance and growth through Organizational Development programs and services. The Regional OD Manager develops and delivers workshops, supports the implementation of training programs, and provides on-going follow-up support to advance our world class TMX vision. This position is also responsible for growing and developing the GM’s staff in the field.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Alignment - Partners with VPs and Home Building & Supply Facilities to build buy-in for company TMX vision, gain clarity around facility’s GM’s vision & needs, and make strong, personal commitments to TMX.
- OD Focus – guides and develops GM staff to increase their ability to plan and lead OD programs that increase engagement, lower turnover and optimize team member performance.
- Change Management – helps teams establish goals, determine roles & resource requirements, develop plans, monitor progress, make adjustments, celebrate wins, and sustain changes
- Team Development – facilitates workshops and meetings that help teams improve trust, practice healthy conflict & develop more open & honest communication practices
- Coaching & Leadership Development – conducts assessments and provides one-on-one support to help leaders improve their effectiveness, based on Clayton’s leadership competencies
- Talent Development – provide functional expertise in the OD functions of job skills training, performance management, and leadership development. Implements programs that support the advancement of team members.
- Business Impact – connects OD efforts to business goals and operational key performance indicators
Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Ability to build trust, credibility, and strong relationships with a broad range of people across the organization, from direct labor team members to the executive team. Authentic and self-aware.
- Ability to plan and carry out work independently. Experience with organizational development tools and methodologies (i.e, assessments, surveys, focus groups, change management, etc.); strong project management and facilitation skills.
- Expertise in leadership development, adult learning, (i.e., employee engagement, coaching, teambuilding, self-awareness, emotional intelligence, etc.)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, familiarity with instructional design and principles of adult learning, ability to design effective presentations.
- Business Acumen – understands how the company makes money and maintains an awareness of their facilities’ strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats
- Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial/Organization Psychology, Human Resources or related field
- 7+ years work experience in Organizational Development, training and development, or related field, preferably in manufacturing or construction industry
- Experience with diagnostic/assessment tools including, but not limited to: DiSC, EQ-360, Myers Briggs, etc. strongly preferred.
Business Unit - B00018Clayton Manufacturing