Clayton Homes, a Berkshire Hathaway company and the nation's leading housing provider, is a vertically integrated housing company that builds, sells, and insures affordable housing. Our commitment to creating a World Class Customer Experience is unparalleled in the housing industry and we believe it begins with a World Class Team Member Experience. From entry-level to more experienced positions, we're actively recruiting individuals who are passionate, positive, and eager to learn. We then equip you for success, whether you're in the office, in the field, or on the floor. As a member of our team you'll enjoy excellent benefits, opportunities for growth, and an encouraging culture that supports work / life balance.
Position Summary: The Lead Accountant will provide oversight for all accounting activities for a business segment. The ideal candidate will have strong analytical skills, a solid understanding of accounting principles, and excellent communication abilities. This role will provide accounting support to the Operational VP for the business segment as well as the business facility managers.
Duties / Responsibilities:
- Analyze past and current financial performance data on income statements and balance sheets.
- Create Journal Entries and perform account Reconciliations.
- Lead Month end close process for segment.
- Support the monthly financial reporting process, including variance analysis and management reporting.
- Recommend strategies for increasing financial and operational performance.
- Determine cost of operations by evaluating absorption cost in production process and collecting operational data.
- Oversight of pricing updates in working with Costing and Pricing Team.
- Work effectively with Operational managers in segment to identify root cause of issues and provide solutions.
- Develop and maintain projects plans that you are leading for facilities in your segment.
- Lead annual budget creation for facilities in segment as well as monthly forecasting.
- Lead weekly and monthly financial review calls for business segment.
- Work with accounting staff for your segment on projects, ad hoc analysis, audits.
- Support training and development of accounting team
- Learn, Train, Support new ERP System for facilities.
- Accounting Support for assigned facility and / or segment.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, or a related major is required.
- Strong understanding of financial statements required.
- Strong communication, analytical, and reasoning skills required.
- Strong interpersonal skills. Ability to get along with diverse personalities required.
- Able to function in a fast‐paced environment required.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel experience required.
- Minimum 4 years of related experience required. Manufacturing or Supply Chain experience preferred.
Business Unit - B00018Clayton Supply