Project Manager II - Information Security
As Project Manager II, you will excel as a collaborative team player who can lead and manage project teams, oversee project development, and ensure project objectives are achieved. Using your expertise in project management methodology and tools and your exceptional negotiation skills, you will proactively resolve problems and facilitate the achievement of outcomes. With guidance from a more senior project, portfolio, or program manager, you will coordinate projects or a phase of larger projects, ensuring an excellent business partner experience from a solutions, timing, and accuracy perspective. Your day-to-day activities will include managing complex projects throughout their entire lifecycle, leading communication efforts across multiple teams and business units, and defining project tasks and activities. You will develop moderately complex plans, potentially with inter-dependent activities, and independently review status and progress. Your experience will enable you to complete a qualitative/quantitative analysis of current risks and develop solutions and/or mitigation plans with minimal supervision.
About The Team
The Project Manager will be part of a team of security professionals who have responsibility for managing projects that help build, enhance, and maintain Clayton’s security program. As a Project Manager, you’ll also have the opportunity to collaborate and innovate with the Enterprise Technology Operations team, product delivery teams, and architects to implement, manage, and govern information systems security. The team’s work is a mixture of internal processes and technology improvements, business unit projects, and operational support.
• Leads and manages project teams to achieve project objectives
• Uses project management methodology and tools to proactively resolve problems
• Coordinates and manages complex projects or project phases to ensure an excellent business partner experience from a solutions, timing, and accuracy perspective
• Defines project tasks, activities, and plans, potentially with inter-dependent activities
• Conducts qualitative/quantitative analysis of current risks
• Develops solutions and/or mitigation plans with minimal supervision
• Owns communication efforts across multiple teams and business units
• Experience in project management and group facilitation, with a successful track record of project delivery
• Strong analytical and critical thinking skills for identifying and mitigating risks
• Ability to work collaboratively across teams, with a flexible approach to adapt to changes in priorities and timelines
• Initiative-taker with experience coordinating activities across multiple teams, delivering quality projects on time and within budget
• 3-6 years' experience managing technical projects, including project planning, delivery coordination, and risk management
• Proficiency in Microsoft Project and/or JIRA, and a good understanding of Plan Driven and Agile Methodologies (including Scrum and Kanban)
• Excellent communication skills for interacting with diverse groups of team members, executives, managers, and subject matter experts
• Experience in Agile Methodologies preferred, with a desire to continuously learn and improve project management skills
• Bachelor's degree in computer science, business, or a related discipline, or equivalent technical and business experience
• Active certification in CAPM, PMP, or PMI-ACP, or a desire to obtain the certification
• Demonstrated strong organizational and multi-tasking skills with a track record of meeting project deadlines
• Proven success in delivering complex technology projects
• Strong team management and leadership skills with the ability to motivate and inspire team members to achieve project goals
• Proficiency in the use of a variety of project management tools to effectively manage project scope, schedule, and budget
• Exceptional attention to detail, even when working under pressure, to ensure project quality and accuracy
• Comprehensive understanding and aptitude of information technology systems and the ability to apply this knowledge to drive project success
• Experience utilizing advanced features of Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Zoom, Teams, and other office productivity tools to enhance project communication and collaboration
• Additional certifications in agile, risk management, or program management that demonstrate a commitment to ongoing professional development and continuous improvement.
• Driving Results: Establishes accountabilities, clarifies expectations, measures performance, and provides feedback to motivate goal achievement
• Team Building: Enables and encourages group members to work together to achieve tasks and goals
• Influence and Persuasion: Persuades, convinces, influences, or impresses others to support a specific agenda or course of action
• Collaboration and Teamwork: Works collaboratively with others to achieve mutual goals
• Deliberative Decision Making: Gathers, considers, and evaluates information to make logical conclusions
• Planning and Priority Setting: Identifies priorities, processes, and actions necessary to achieve an objective or idea
• Composure and Resiliency: Deals effectively with pressure, remains optimistic and recovers quickly from setbacks
• Communicating: Provides information concisely and unambiguously, ensuring the receiver understands the message
• Analytical Thinking: Takes calculated risks when making decisions
• Accountability: Takes responsibility for performance and ownership of issues, problems, and opportunities.
Why Clayton Homes?
Founded in 1956, Clayton is a Berkshire Hathaway Company committed to opening doors to a better life and Building Happyness® through homeownership. Through its family of brands, Clayton builds, sells, finances, and insures traditional site-built homes and off-site built housing – including modular homes, manufactured homes, CrossMod™ homes, tiny homes, college dormitories, military barracks, and apartments. Corporate headquarters is located in the Knoxville, Tennessee area, specifically, Maryville, Tennessee. Clayton is the recipient of numerous industry awards including 2019 Builder of the Year and ranks as the #2 builder of homes in the U.S. by units sold. Our site-built division, Clayton Properties Group, is the 8th largest site builder in the U.S. We achieve our results through the strength of our people and have been recognized on the 2021 Forbes Best Employers for Diversity and 2021 Forbes America’s Best Employers Lists. To learn more about Clayton Homes, got to: https://www.claytonhomes.com
• Competitive benefits including 401(k) with 100% company match of the first 4%; medical, dental and vision plans; paid time off days and holidays
• Quarterly bonus program
• Forbes lists: America’s Best Employers, America’s Employers by State, Best Employers for Diversity, Best Employers for Women
• Recognized as one of East Tennessee’s top technology workplaces
• Wellness programs that focus on emotional, social, spiritual, intellectual, environmental, physical, and financial well-being
• Onsite fitness facility with full gym, workout classes, volleyball and basketball, ping-pong, and disc golf course
• Paid Time Off for Volunteer work.
Business Unit - B00023Technology