Senior Software Engineer
As a Sr Software Engineer, you will be part of an Agile Scrum team which is responsible for the creation and maintenance of products that support our digital marketing business operations. You will participate in Sprint activities, such as planning, refinement and daily standups to deliver on commitments, continuously improve process and drive positive change.
You will work directly with architects, senior management, functional analysts, and the product team to understand design requirements and business needs, which you will translate into goals and milestones for the engineering team. You will assist with updating standards and accountability for the quality of solutions produced by the team, execution on delivery timelines and root cause analysis for defects and production support issues.
The ideal candidate cultivates a team atmosphere unafraid to innovate, work together and rapidly build quality solutions. They will be a mentor to the team and an advocate for our business partners. They will help the team reach their potential, resolve blockers and ensure that implementations match design criteria and architectural direction. Working with product owners, they will build roadmaps, help senior management understand resource needs and enable the team to successfully achieve goals.
About The Team
The scrum teams you will be working with for Digital Technology are focused on building great experiences for Clayton's flagship digital properties. The team consists of fullstack Software Engineers of varying skill and experience. These teams are responsible for the maintenance, enhancement, and feature development for ClaytonHomes.com, Clayton's flagship digital property, built with a variety of technologies including React, AWS, and .NET.
- Contribute to and provide technical guidance to scrum team members, work with other team members to create forward thinking, scalable solutions that align with our architectural guidelines and project goals.
- Ability to serve as liaison between the technical team and portfolio team to ensure timely delivery of sprint goals.
- Monitor quality of code and designs.
- Work daily problems as they arise to remove blockers and assist with keeping the team operating efficiently.
- Serve as a technical representative for our stakeholders.
- Ensure quality project delivery for scrum teams, including customer issues and resolution SLAs.
- Participate in issue investigation and drive the team to pursue root cause.
- Contribute to design revisions as needed.
- Create team collaboration and drive consensus on key decisions.
- 4+ years of Software Development experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in a computer science related field, or equivalent work experience.
- Ability to be a technical mentor in the following areas: Database design/implementation, Cloud computing, .NET full stack, Rabbit MQ, React, Next.js and related technologies.
- Experience with project tracking software and Agile Methodology.
- Experience with source control systems and CI/CD pipelines.
- Potential to lead other engineers.
Business Unit - B00023Technology