Accounting Clerk II
This position is responsible for processing, researching, and reporting around accounting processes for HouseSmart field and corporate locations. This includes processing of accounting entries (payables and receivables), and reconciliation of accounts. This position must have the ability to keep management informed of the status of account reconciliations and related unresolved issues. This position will also be heavily involved in the enhancement of the bank reconciliation process as we continue to grow and transition to new accounting processes and systems.
Perform a wide variety of accounting tasks
- Process payable and receivable entries
- Track and manage accounts receivables and aging.
- Process GL (General Ledger Journal Entries)
- Review entries and invoices for correctness and completeness
- Assist with account reconciliations
- Assist with purchase card management and reconciliation
- Maintain organization of activity across multiple systems
- Provide assistance around payments, invoices and receivables to key stakeholders and customers
- Communicate any issues or concerns with Accounting/House16.40Smart leadership.
- Maintain the upkeep of various reports
- Support reporting activities through collection and preparation of data/information
- Other duties as assigned
High School Diploma or equivalent education/experience in Accounting or Bookkeeping. 1-3 accounting/bookkeeping or relevant experience required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs):
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word
- Proficient with accounting software systems; Quickbooks experience a plus
- General knowledge of bookkeeping and accounting best practices
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated strict attention to detail
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Motivated self-starter with a desire to learn
- A Berkshire Hathaway Company - an integrity-based organization offering unlimited career growth
- Comprehensive Benefit Package - Medical, Dental, Life, Vision and 401k with aggressive employer match
- Generous Time-Off Policy – 8 Paid Holidays + Paid Time Off (PTO) after 90 days
- Closed on weekends – we believe in offering a balanced working environment
- A Berkshire Hathaway Company – an integrity-based organization offering unlimited career growth.
- Full-time team members have the flexibility to create their own health, dental, and vision benefits package. Clayton provides competitive 401K programs including investment options and company matching for full and part time employees after one year to help our team members achieve their financial goals. Additional benefits include paid parental leave, Employee Assistance Programs, paid time off, paid holidays and more.
- As part of Clayton’s commitment to Opening Doors to a Better Life, Clayton is now providing paid time for Team Members to volunteer to causes that are meaningful to them through the Clayton Impact program.
- At Clayton, we encourage holistic wellness with physical, nutritional, social, financial, spiritual and occupational programs.
- Home Centers are closed on Sundays – we believe in offering a balanced working environment.
Business Unit - B00009
Business Unit - B00017Housesmart