Clayton Homes, a Berkshire Hathaway company and the nation's leading housing provider, is a vertically integrated housing company that builds, sells, and insures affordable housing. Our commitment to creating a World Class Customer Experience is unparalleled in the housing industry and we believe it begins with a World Class Team Member Experience. From entry-level to more experienced positions, we're actively recruiting individuals who are passionate, positive, and eager to learn. We then equip you for success, whether you're in the office, in the field, or on the floor. As a member of our team you'll enjoy excellent benefits, opportunities for growth, and an encouraging culture that supports work / life balance.
The Transportation Planner will schedule, coordinate, and execute the transportation of inbound and intra-facility materials and goods through the Supply Chain. This role will be responsible for executing daily shipments, coordination with 3rd party carriers, and private fleet utilization. The Transportation Planner supports the Home Building Group manufacturing, distribution and components Operations, Procurement, and transportation partners to manage Clayton’s truck, rail, and ocean inbound and intra-facility delivery network.
Activities and Responsibilities:
- Analyzes orders and plans shipments using TMS.
- Resolves daily shipment exceptions.
- Evaluates the legality of current and proposed transit infrastructure.
- Assists with bids for transportation projects.
- Recommends acceptance, rejection, or modifications for proposed plans.
- Recommends modifications to current plans to improve efficiency, reduce environmental impact, reduce cost, and implement other improvements.
- Supports Logistic Network Modeling and makes recommendations based on analysis.
- As needed, drafts reports outlining findings and recommendations.
- Indirectly responsible for driver and equipment utilization.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Experience with transportation management systems (TMS), preferably Oracle or another leading TMS (JDA/Blue Yonder, Oracle OTM, Manhattan, MercuryGate, etc.) is required.
- Experience with tactical supply chain planning processes such as carrier capacity planning, transportation planning, and network planning
- Experience with transportation management, carrier management, fleet management, and driver management
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Supply Chain or Logistics Management or at least five years of related experience required.
Other Essential Abilities and Skills
- Ability to thrive within a fast paced, deadline driven environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Customer First mindset
- Thorough understanding of FMCSA Compliance.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Must have a positive attitude and ability to work in a team environment
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
Location: Knoxville, TN (Relocation Assistance Available)
A Berkshire Hathaway Company - an integrity-based organization offering unlimited career growth opportunities.
Full-time team members have the flexibility to create their own health, dental, and vision benefits package. Clayton provides competitive 401K programs, including investment options and company matching for full and part time employees after one year to help our team members achieve their financial goals. Additional benefits include paid parental leave, tuition reimbursement, Employee Assistance Programs, and more.
As part of Clayton’s commitment to Opening Doors to a Better Life, Clayton is now providing paid time for Team Members to volunteer to causes that are meaningful to them through the Clayton Impact program.
Clayton is proud to have earned spots on the following Forbes lists: America’s Best Employers, America’s Best Employers by State, Best Employers for Diversity, Best Employers for Women.
At Clayton, we encourage holistic wellness with physical, nutritional, social, financial, spiritual and occupational programs available online or in-person for team members.
Clayton is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Clayton is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
Business Unit - B00007Clayton Connect