Retail Training Intern
Retail Training Intern
Clayton Summer Internship Program
Overview: Clayton Homes, a Berkshire Hathaway company and the nation’s largest housing provider, is a vertically integrated housing company that builds, sells, and insures affordable housing across the nation.
As the Retail Training Design Intern, you will have the opportunity to learn multiple roles at Clayton’s corporate office. Our summer internship program provides valuable experience in training, graphic design, instructional design, as well as experience in the housing industry. You will gain valuable experience in helping the Retail Training team with their 2024 initiatives.
Position Description: The Retail Training intern will be responsible for designing and developing training initiatives for the Retail Training team. Such responsibilities will include instructional design and development for various instructor led classes and programs and online resources.
The Retail Training Design Intern should be self-motivated, confident, energetic, and creative. She/he should possess the ability to operate in a timely manner to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment. Applicants must have effective communication and writing skills and a good understanding of graphic design principles, current technology, and how to apply it to training. The candidate should have experience in design, communication, writing, editing, as well as the ability to learn new forms of technology/software.
Applicants must be proficient in the following:
- Microsoft Office suite
- Team player who can work collaboratively with others to deliver creative and innovative thoughts to decision-makers within the company
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Must have some knowledge or understanding of training and instructional design
- Company utilizes Articulate products and Workday’s LMS for e-learning.
- Adobe Cloud Suite is preferred but not required
- Holidays (Memorial Day and Independence Day)
- On-site restaurant and work out facility
- A Berkshire Hathaway Company - an integrity-based organization offering unlimited career growth
- Clayton is proud to have earned spots on the following Forbes lists: America’s Best Employers, America’s Best Employers by State, Best Employers for Diversity, Best Employers for Women
- At Clayton, we encourage holistic wellness with physical, nutritional, social, financial, spiritual and occupational programs
- A Berkshire Hathaway Company – an integrity-based organization offering unlimited career growth.
- Full-time team members have the flexibility to create their own health, dental, and vision benefits package. Clayton provides competitive 401K programs including investment options and company matching for full and part time employees after one year to help our team members achieve their financial goals. Additional benefits include paid parental leave, Employee Assistance Programs, paid time off, paid holidays and more.
- As part of Clayton’s commitment to Opening Doors to a Better Life, Clayton is now providing paid time for Team Members to volunteer to causes that are meaningful to them through the Clayton Impact program.
- At Clayton, we encourage holistic wellness with physical, nutritional, social, financial, spiritual and occupational programs.
- Home Centers are closed on Sundays – we believe in offering a balanced working environment.
Business Unit - B00009Clayton Retail