Default Servicing Internship
Great Company. Great People. Great Experience. Vanderbilt Mortgage Internship.
If you want to thrive during the summer, invest in your future and begin to build some incredible relationships, this is the internship for you! Our program is set up to give you the best team member experience doing real jobs, building real relationships, and adding value to the company while gaining valuable hands-on experience. Our mission is to provide real work experience in a professional setting while also serving as an ambassador for Clayton. We want to challenge, engage, and stimulate professional growth to aid in deciding next steps for your future career! This program is the best way to learn about our company and help determine if you would be interested in building a long-term career with Vanderbilt Mortgage! If you are interested in gaining this experience, take the first step and complete an online application- It’s just the beginning! Vanderbilt Mortgage Internship – real hands-on professional experience.
Default Servicing Intern
As an Intern and a Team Member at Vanderbilt Mortgage, you can enjoy these benefits:
- Working in our Home Office campus with onsite restaurant, fitness facility with full gym, in-person virtual workout classes, yoga/barre studio, volleyball, and basketball courts, walking paths, and a disc golf course.
- Participate in Leadership Panels where you will hear from the leaders within our organization about their journey and experiences.
- Learn from subject matter experts on various topics during our Professional Workshops to prepare for a professional environment.
- Hear from our recent college graduates during Grad Talks about jumping in to the working world post-graduation.
- Network with other interns, team members, mentors, and leadership through various activities throughout the summer!
Here’s what you can expect in the role as a Default Servicing Intern:
The Default Servicing Intern position exists to support the Bankruptcy and Legal Departments in their day-to-day processes to ensure successful timelines and regulation compliance.
- Develop a working knowledge of applicable Federal and State regulations.
- Communicate and collaborate with outside counsel.
- Prepare and submit legal documents and requests.
- Review Policies and Procedures to ensure information is the most up to date on current processes.
- Perform ongoing audits for the Bankruptcy and Legal departments.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What you’ll need to qualify:
- Currently enrolled in a business-related Bachelor’s/Master’s degree program, in a Legal-Studies/Pre-Legal degree program, or a recent graduate.
- Computer competency with Microsoft Office, including Word typing skills at minimum 25 wpm and Excel, formulas and features.
- Great attention to detail and organizational skills with a proven ability to manage time effectively.
- Manage multiple deadlines, complete tasks timely and follow up as needed.
- Must be professional, well organized, thorough, committed, urgent and a resourceful problem solver.
- Ability to manage multiple duties with a sense of urgency.
- Ability to effectively communication and interact with internal and external customers via phone, email and fax.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
But also, remember you:
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 75% of the time.
- Constantly operate a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a telephone, calculator, copy machine, and computer printer.
- 75% communication methods completed over the phone. Must be able to exchange accurate information at all times.
- Ability to identify and assess account status and determine appropriate process.
- Constantly works in an indoor temperature controlled, sealed window office environment.
Here are some more reasons to choose Vanderbilt Mortgage for an Internship!
- This program is the best way to learn about our company and help determine if you would be interested in building a long-term career with us!
- At VMF, we encourage holistic wellness with physical, nutritional, social, financial, spiritual, and occupational programs available online or in-person for team members.
- Our newly renovated Home Office campus offers an onsite restaurant, onsite fitness facility with full gym, in-person and virtual workout classes, yoga/barre studio, volleyball, and basketball courts, walking paths, and a disc golf course.
Vanderbilt Mortgage and Finance Inc. is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Vanderbilt Mortgage and Finance, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
Business Unit -Vanderbilt Mortgage