Senior Data Engineering Consultant
Can UDig It?
UDig designs, builds, and implements technology solutions that deliver on business objectives. People join our team because they are excited to have an impact on the future of our organization, passionate about delivering meaningful results, and energized by solving complex problems. Oh, and they like working with other driven, smart, and authentic people.
UDig is proud to be recognized as a “Best Places to Work” in Virginia and Tennessee. We’re committed to fostering a transparent environment where leadership is accessible, professional development opportunities are abundant, and you are empowered to achieve your career goals. You’ll collaborate and develop deep relationships with teammates in a flexible environment through our 'Work from Anywhere' remote working policy. Join UDig and accelerate your success while having fun!
How Things Go Down as a Senior Data Consultant
- Analyzing a client’s data to understand how it is used within their business
- Architecting solutions that utilize modern data platforms
- Helping enable the creation of customer insights by working with our Advanced Insights team
- Coaching and mentoring junior data engineers
- Contributing to internal UDig “fun/innovative” projects
- Career and job growth through UDig-provided training
- Taking breaks to unwind and have fun with your teammates, whether virtual or in-person
Sound Interesting? Here’s the Technical Piece
- 5-7 years of SQL Development experience
- 5-7 years of Data Architecture and Design
- Experience with BI reporting (e.g. PowerBI or Tableau)
- Experience with cloud-based data warehousing and analytics (preferred experience with Snowflake)
- Experience with Databricks
- Experience with Azure Data Factory
- ETL development experience with modern data pipeline tools is considered a plus
- Experience with design, development and implementation of data solutions including architecture design, development and testing
- Bachelor’s Degree in in computer science, information technology, or any science or business discipline
- Consulting experience preferred
...And Then Some:
(Because we aren’t hiring robots)
- Proven ability to effectively influence decision makers, win trust, present technical ideas and high-level concepts and solutions to audiences with varying degrees of technical knowledge
- Ability to take your work seriously but also seriously enjoy a good time with your UDig colleagues
- Additionally, because we treat all employees as stakeholders in the future of UDig, we carefully consider whether candidates share our company values, echo our mission and align to our organization’s unique and special culture. You can read more about those on our website.
What’s in It For You?
We provide continuous challenges and professional development opportunities at UDig within our unique culture that’s guided by our mission and values. Additionally, we offer:
- Competitive salary with performance-based bonuses, annual merit reviews, and career advancement opportunities
- Flexibility through our ‘Work From Anywhere’ (remote working) policy
- $1500 Individual Training Budget
- Regular team building and social activities (virtual and/or in-person)
- Transparent culture with strong communication
- Great benefits like
- Generous Paid Time Off, company holidays, and parental leave
- Multiple Single and Family Health Insurance plans to choose from
- Dental & Vision coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term disability
- Optional accident and critical illness coverage
- Matching 401(k)
- ...and more!
We understand the importance of balancing life and work which is why we offer the ability to work remotely alongside opportunities to connect virtually and in-person. We’d love to find someone in our Greater Nashville community, but will consider candidates outside the area as well. The following are preferred states of residence: AL, FL, GA, IN, KY, NC, TN, TX, VA, WI.