Tax Manager- Income
WOW! is currently hiring a Tax Manager – Income!
For remote positions, employees can sit in one of the following states: AL, AZ, CO, FL, GA, IL, IN, MI, OH, SC, TN and TX. Please only apply if you can live and work full-time in one of the states listed above; your application will not be considered or reviewed if you live outside of these states. State locations and specifics are subject to change as our hiring requirements shift.
The Tax Manager - Income is responsible for helping WOW! ensure compliance in all aspects of income tax liabilities. This role files accurate and timely tax returns and other reports across the states WOW! operates pursuant to federal, state, and local rules and regulations.
Let us tell you about the perks!
- Be part of a company whose core values include respect, integrity, spirit of service, and accountability!
- Annual merit increases and annual bonus plan available – recruiter will share more!
- We are currently offering a $7,500 restricted stock grant!
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance, and 401k with a company match
- Paid time off, paid holidays, and tuition reimbursement.
- Significant discounts on broadband packages for employees residing in our service areas.
What YOU need is:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or other related Business degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum 5 years’ relevant experience.
- Exposure to property tax and/or unclaimed property beneficial.
- Work effectively in a fast paced, high energy work environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to build strong working relationships both inside and outside the organization.
- Organized thinker with strong analytical and computer skills.
What you’ll be doing:
- Manages third-party preparation of the tax provision and related disclosures for the consolidated year-end and quarterly financial statements in accordance with ASC 740, Accounting for Income Tax, including Uncertain Tax Positions.
- Maintains tax methodologies in Customer billing systems and General Ledger systems, including building and testing billing system configuration.
- Partners with Marketing, Product Management and Billing, to identify and address tax impacts of all new locations, pricing, and product changes within WOW!’s product portfolio.
- Reviews third party income tax return preparation process (federal, state, and local) including the timely and accurate processing of all estimated tax payments and extensions.
- Manages third-party preparation and review FIRPTA calculations, Research and Development Credits, State Jobs Credits and 382 NOL tracking projects.
- Conducts federal, state, and local tax research effort as required in tax planning and analysis.
- Conducts tax research to support planning related to complex business transactions, such as mergers and acquisitions, legal restructuring, capital markets, etc.
- Completes tax information requests related to due diligence.
- Manages all Federal, state, and local tax audits, and supports the resolution of disputes and negotiation of final settlements.
- Helps with the settlement and reissuance of intercompany loan agreements.
- Oversee property tax information requests.
- Drives process improvement and identifies and pursues tax efficiencies and savings opportunities.
- Partners with Finance on the preparation of annual cash tax forecasts and NOL utilization modeling.
- Maintains use tax accrual custom software developed within NetSuite.
- Partners with the SEC team in developing internal controls and documents and upholds internal controls and control environment within the departments processes.
- In conjunction with HR and Payroll Operations, identifies tax impacts of employee hiring practices, and coordinates filing of income and sales/use tax returns and business licenses in each state where WOW! has employees.
- Establishes, documents, implements, and maintains tax accounting and department wide processes.
- Other duties as assigned.
Physical Demands/Working Conditions:
- Regularly required to talk and hear, use close vision, and be able to focus.
- Required to use hands to type, handle objects and paperwork.
- Some travel may be required on an occasional basis.
Wondering if you should apply?
Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At WOW! we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but don’t check every box in the qualifications section, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran