Sr Project Manager
Pilot Flying J
Sr Project Manager
Pilot Company is an industry-leading network of travel centers with more than 30,000 team members and over 750 retail and fueling locations in 44 states and six Canadian provinces. Our energy and logistics division serves as a top supplier of fuel, employing one of the largest tanker fleets and providing critical services to oil operations in our nation's busiest basins. Pilot Company supports a growing portfolio of brands with expertise in supply chain and retail operations, logistics and transportation, technology and digital innovation, construction, maintenance, human resources, finance, sales and marketing.
Founded in 1958 by Jim A. Haslam II and currently led by CEO Adam Wright, our founding values, people-first culture and commitment to giving back remains true to us today. Whether we are serving guests, a fellow team member, or a trucking company, we are dedicated to fueling people and keeping North America moving.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.
The purpose of this job is to manage large, complex projects and contribute to standard project management practices used throughout the organization in order to establish consistency on processes and methods across all areas of business.
1. Manage projects throughout project lifecycle to plan projects, coordinate roadmaps, timeline and project deployment, communicate updates, determine return on investments and prioritize tasks
2. Conduct project scoping by analyzing, defining, and understanding business requests, gathering requirements, collecting data and metrics, preparing budgets, defining process flows, and gathering time estimates
3. Liaise between PMO, Information Technology (IT), and business partners to ensure timely communication regarding priorities, project status, and training needs
4. Identify and determine PMO project focus
5. Consult business team members on prioritization of upcoming projects and identify resources necessary based on current project portfolio and business strategic direction
6. Lead discussions within the PMO, manage standard project management templates and framework components, and determine initial version of the project management framework
7. Manage risk and risk mitigation plans for assigned projects
8. Use negotiaton skills to consistently resolve disputes without the need for escalation
9. Model behaviors that support the company’s common purpose; ensure guests and team members are supported at the highest level
10. Ensure all activities are in compliance with rules, regulations, policies and procedures
11. Complete other duties as assigned
- Associate degree in business management, information technology, or related field required
- Bachelor’s degree in business management, information technology, or related field preferred
- Minimum five years’ project management or general management
- Minimum three years’ project management office (PMO) experience
- Project Management Institute (PMI) Project Management Professional
(PMP) certification preferred
- Project Management Institute Agile Certified Professional (ACP)
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online