Sr Administrator, Service Now Platform and Data
Pilot Flying J
Sr Administrator, Service Now Platform and Data
Pilot Company is an industry-leading network of travel centers with more than 30,000 team members and over 750 retail and fueling locations in 44 states and six Canadian provinces. Our energy and logistics division serves as a top supplier of fuel, employing one of the largest tanker fleets and providing critical services to oil operations in our nation's busiest basins. Pilot Company supports a growing portfolio of brands with expertise in supply chain and retail operations, logistics and transportation, technology and digital innovation, construction, maintenance, human resources, finance, sales and marketing.
Founded in 1958 by Jim A. Haslam II and currently led by CEO Adam Wright, our founding values, people-first culture and commitment to giving back remains true to us today. Whether we are serving guests, a fellow team member, or a trucking company, we are dedicated to fueling people and keeping North America moving.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.
Apply now for an exciting opportunity to join Pilot Company as a member of a new ServiceNow Platform Team.This innovative team will be dedicated to establishing, maintaining, and extending ServiceNow as a strategic business platform across the company.
This position is responsible for developing, managing, and owning Pilot’s Configuration Management Database (CMDB), maintaining IT Configuration Items (CI) and stewarding overall data governance of the ServiceNow platform at Pilot.
- Administer, manage, and execute all aspects of CMDB processes to maintain data integrity, accuracy, and health of the platform
- Advise on industry best practices for the ServiceNow platform while delivering solutions to achieve operational goals
- Leverage and align to the Common Service Data Model (CSDM) framework to help build out the CMDB
- Assist with setup and configuration of ServiceNow Discovery to automatically locate applications and devices in the network for inclusion into the CMDB
- Ensure discovered applications and devices are setup and configured as Configuration Items (CI) and help identify interdependencies between the components
- Utilize the CMDB Health Dashboard to proactively monitor the health of the CMDB by defining key performance metrics, performing compliance audits, and implementing data integrity rules
- Drive and promote awareness of the CMDB by engaging IT and Business stakeholders, including related organizational change management efforts
- Coordinate and/or Perform Level 2 and/or /Level 3L3 support for the ServiceNow platform as needed
- Collaborate and participate in knowledge sharing across the ServiceNow Platform Team, including preparing Knowledge articles within the platform as needed
- Model behaviors that support the company’s common purpose; ensure Guests and Team members are supported at the highest level
- Ensure all activities are in compliance with rules, regulations, policies, and procedures
- Complete other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree or associate degree required; field of study in technology preferred
- Minimum five years experience in technology or related field required
- Intermediate and working knowledge of the ServiceNow platform (beyond user level knowledge)
- Intermediate knowledge of CMDB, CSDM, Discovery, ITSM
- Working knowledge of integrations with APIs, web services, and file retrieval
- Working knowledge of network protocols/technology, databases, and application servers and their roles in service delivery
- Ability to work within a team
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills for diagnosis, evaluation and resolution of complex problem situations
- Ability to work and make decisions independently to determine the appropriate course of action for issues and incidents
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple responsibilities simultaneously
- Ability to provide excellent customer service
- Ability to collaborate and build consensus within a team, fostering a positive atmosphere
- Well organized with attention to detail
- Travel required less than 5%
- Role will potentially require work outside of normal business hours, including nights and weekends to provide support as needed.
- Role is in-the-office five days a week to maximize collaboration and outcomes
- General office work requiring sitting or standing for long periods of time, including on airplanes and in cars
- Nation-wide Medical Plan/Dental/Vision
- Spending Accounts
- Adoption Assistance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Weekly Pay
- Team Member Fuel Discount
- All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online