Senior UX/UI Designer
Can UDig It?
UDig designs, builds, and implements technology solutions that deliver on business objectives. People join our team because they are excited to have an impact on the future of our organization, passionate about delivering meaningful results, and energized by solving complex problems. Oh, and they like working with other driven, smart, and authentic people.
UDig is proud to be recognized as a “Best Places to Work” in Virginia and Tennessee. We’re committed to fostering a transparent environment where leadership is accessible, professional development opportunities are abundant, and you are empowered to achieve your career goals. You’ll collaborate, develop deep relationships with teammates, and accelerate your success while having fun!
How Things Go Down as a Senior UX Designer
A typical day might entail:
- Helping clients and teammates reach a shared understanding of their strategy and mission
- Mapping out the opportunity space, thinking about the customer’s journey over time, and facilitating conversations toward prioritizing and solving problems to provide the greatest value
- Collaborating with the product trio (engineering lead, product manager) to determine the next iteration of UX and participating in all phases of a product, from discovery to delivery to iteration
- Designing UI prototypes and conducting user testing
- Collaborate with the design team and other stakeholders to contribute and maintain a comprehensive design system
- Supporting front-end developers in creating UI libraries for web and mobile apps
- Coaching, mentoring, sharing, and collaborating with UDig designers, developers, and senior leaders
- Contributing to innovative internal UDig projects
- Career and job growth through UDig-funded training and promotion paths
Want to learn more? Hear directly from our teammates by checking out our ‘A Day in the Life’ blog series: https://www.udig.com/digging-in/day-in-the-life-page-schmidt/
Sound Interesting? Here’s the Technical Piece
Below are a few boxes you should be able to check if you’re interested: Don't check every box? Go ahead and apply!
- 4+ years of design experience with digital products
- Demonstrated UI/UX design experience, with a few examples you’re proud of that you can walk through
- Execution of UI design principles related to page hierarchy, scale, alignment, typography, white space, ease of flow, etc.
- Ability to drive clarity from ambiguity, helping customers focus on the highest impact efforts for UX improvements
- Experience in creating and maintaining design systems and delivering complex design projects
- Demonstrated collaboration on a product trio, working together to create great user experiences
- Solid knowledge of Figma component systems and experience designing UI prototypes in Figma
- Experience facilitating product design conversations with groups beyond the core product team
- Experience with UX Research, competitive analysis, developing personas, heat mapping, wire frames, prototype development, user testing, etc.
- Experience working in an agile delivery approach
- Ability to present technical ideas and high-level concepts and solutions to internal and external team members with varying degrees of technical knowledge
What’s in It For You?
We provide continuous challenges and professional development opportunities at UDig within our unique culture that’s guided by our mission and values. Additionally, we offer:
- Competitive salary with cash incentive plans, merit reviews, and career advancement opportunities
- Flexibility through our ‘Work From Anywhere’ (remote working) policy
- $1500 Individual Training Budget
- Regular team building and social activities (virtual and/or in-person)
- Transparent culture with strong communication and access to leadership
- Great benefits like
- Generous Paid Time Off, company holidays, and parental leave
- Multiple Single and Family Health Insurance plans to choose from
- Dental & Vision coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term disability
- Optional accident and critical illness coverage
- Matching 401(k)
- ...and more!